first time mom

• I am 30 weeks  currently, still working my stressful 50 hr store management job and trying to balance all the things we need to do before the baby is here. Basically I am scared to death that the baby will arrive and things will not be right, we have been trying to move but it does`nt seem to be working out so I guess our studio cottage will have to do for now. Has anyone else had a really high stress job with little to no time for themselves or their significant other to get the necessary things done? As you can see I am nuts and all over the place HELP!

• I think the best advice you can get right now is to just relax and realize that it's not going to be the end of the world if things aren't perfect when the baby arrives. You can still get things done afterword. just make sure there's a safe place for the baby to sleep (we used a pac n play because it's easy to break down for moving), get a bath, be changed, and fed and the rest will fall into place.

• I felt the same way with my second child. I have a 3 1/2 year old running around and I was extremely stressed because I was still working (a teacher), finishing my Master's Degree, trying to get the baby's room ready, cooking, cleaning......you get the idea. Once I relaxed a bit everything came together. Nothing is ever going to be perfect, as long as YOU are ready for the baby, everything else will fall into place.

I know that relaxing is easier said than done...believe me. With my first child I went through a lot and was very high strung and sad because my father-in-law had passed 2 months before he was born and all everyone ever told me was to relax. As hard as it  may be to do, try your best to take some time to yourself. You will be fine and ask for help from friends and family.

I hope this helps!

• It is easy to get stressed out and overwhelmed during pregnancy, but if your job is stressful and tough, then you are in for a double whammy. Try your best to find ways to unwind and de-stress, even if that is a simple walk around the block or a night out with your sweetheart. As far as the baby goes, make a list of everything you need to get done before he/she arrives and prioritize it. Babies NEED very little to start off with...just a crib, a few bottles, some formula (if you are not breastfeeding), a car seat, some diapers, and a few onesies and sleeper outfits. If your job is too taxing on you and your body, then you may need to cut your hours back if that is possible. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

• I agreed with Brinny. You really can only do so much as you get closer to your due date and keeping calm and ensuring the most critical things are taken care of, that's what's important in the end. I work a "high octane" 100+hrs management job as well so I know how hectic, stressful and unnerving things may seem - especially when you're pregnant. What I suggest is making a list of the most important things that you have to get done/prep before the baby arrives (i.e. setting up the crib, buying diapers, formula if you're not breastfeeding etc). Focus on those high priorities and leave the lesser tasks alone until you either have extra time or you have the baby.

I'm a neat freak as my husband calls me, but during the end of my pregnancy, it became harder to keep the house clean, be 24/7 accessible with work, be a good wife/aunt/sister/daughter/friend etc all in one. I made a list every day with new tasks to replace the ones that's been completed to keep myself organized, focused and not go crazy with the amount of stress as work itself is stressful enough - really don't need to bring it all home while being prego. To keep things close with my husband - we teamed up as often as possible to take care of things like buying baby gear. It doesn't sound as sexy and romantic as a candlelight dinner but it's the time together that's what matters. It allowed conversation, humor and just being there with each other which helps in relieving stress too. My husband also joined me on my "prego walks" every weekend or he'd get up extra early (I'm a morning person) so we can read the newspaper together or make breakfast. We continued this routine after I had my baby 6 months ago - who woulda thought? =p  Anyways, it's little things like these that can really help you and anyone whether they're pregnant or not.

In addition, if you have family and friends who are offering to help you with anything, LET THEM!! I learned to say "I need help" throughout my pregnancy because it really can become cumbersome in the end if you just insist on doing everything when you don't need to.I know work is and can be very demanding - understand you have resources to pull if you need and you'll be surprise to know just how many colleagues will happily help you if you simply just ask. I hope this helps.. =)