Hello, having trouble sleeping

• Hello all I'm new to the site. I am 8 weeks along with my second child and I am having problems sleeping at night. I have been using a body pillow and I can fall asleep but I have a hard time staying asleep.. Does anyone have any ideas?

IvoryLadyBug

• Try to do some things before bedtime that will help relax you and make it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep....like warm baths, etc. It could be the anxiety from being pregnant again that is keeping you from sleeping soundly. Talk to your doctor as well; there may be something she/he can do to help. If not, then rest assured that you will get some rest soon...it may be a passing phase. 

• Congrats on your second baby on the way! So sorry you are having a hard time sleeping. That's no fun. I, too, had a hard time sleeping at first with my pregnancy. A body pillow helped and I also tried to not get up and do anything stimulating when I did wake up. For example, I'd slip my earbuds in and listen to some soft music when I woke up instead of getting up and turning on the computer, etc. Sometimes a white noise machine is soothing for people or a hot waterbottle/warm blanket. I hope you get some relief soon!