Kinda scared!

• I"m ten weeks along with my 3rd child. Im a nervous wreck with this pregnancy. Im actually scared to give birth? Weird, I think maybe I read to many scary things on the internet. I fear Everything and anything will go wrong. Am I strange for thinking this?

• I think it is normal to have some anxiety.  I think it's really important though to use all the calming self talk that you can use.  What helped you flourish in your other pregnancies?  What went well?  What has helped you when you have had anxiety before?  I think it's a good idea to stay away from the internet until you are feeling a bit better, and then stick to sites that are trustworthy and positive-like this one!  Bring your specific questions and see if we can help.

In the meantime take some deep breaths and have a warm cup of tea or milk,

Hang in there,

Jess

• I'm sorry you're scared. Did your other two deliveries go well or is it the nerves kicking in? Have you spoken with your doctor about what it is that's been getting you so scared? Often they can help put you at ease by either confirming or denying what it is that you have read or give you the actual statistics on whatever it is that has been scaring you. Just eat healthy, exercise, and do what your doctor says and i'm sure you'll be fine.

• It's probably just anxiety.  I am sure the birth will be easier than the last two.  I would talk to your doctor about any worries you may have.  Also, try to keep your mind busy and yourself busy, it helps!

• I think the more kids you have it's natural to get more scared because you worry about your little ones that you already have. Try to relax and find ways to cope with your anxiety. If you feel like you need support, you should call your doctor and come up with a strategy that will help you handle your pregnancy. Congratulations and good luck!

• I don't think you are strange at all - the more information you know, the easier it is to be worried about all the possibilities of things going wrong! Sometimes I just have to force myself to stop reading everything, watching everything, and just sit back and take a deep breath. Hopefully you had fairly good experiences with your first two births and this one will be just fine. How old are your other two kids? :-)

• Exactly, I think TO much reading is probably not a good idea, at least for right now until I can learn to keep calm , it's just so weird how I'm stressing this last pregnancy. I will go to my doctors appointment on the 30th and see what she says :) Thank you so much for your reply.

• It sounds like you have a handle on things which is just what i wanted to hear!  Great work.  I was thinking that it might also be helpful to have something positive to read when the anxiety starts to climb.  So perhaps a favorite book or magazine, something off the topic of baby and just for fun.  I can it brain candy.Keep us posted!

-Jess

• Suzie, I know exactly how you feel.  I just had a baby girl 4 weeks ago and I was t total mess my entire pregnancy.  For some reason I became completely horrified at just the thought of giving birth.  I made myself so much worse by going on the internet.  I spoke to my obgyn and a therapist but nothing calmed my fear.  When my water broke I had a full blown panic attack.  My poor husband had to deal with all this while trying to get me to the hospital.  I' m not telling you this to scare you even more.  I want you to know that once at the hospital I completely calmed down and knew there were people there to take good care of me.  My husband could not believe the change in me and asked me what happened.  I realized at that time that she was coming no matter what and freaking out was not going to change anything.  My advice to you is to stay off the internet and try to enjoy your pregnancy.  Remember the feeling you had when your two other children were born.  It's the best feeling in the world and make sure you cherish it and don't miss it because of anxiety.  If you would like to talk to me at any time about it just message me and I will give you my number.  I know exactly how you feel and its frustrating because I felt like anyone I tried to talk to did not understand and thought I was crazy. Tongue Tied

• Callie71 - 

Great message and so encouraging to hear that. It always helps to have someone who understands what you are going through. I'm glad it all worked out for you. :-) Congrats!