How to Cope with Food Cravings!

• When I was pregnant with my 3rd child, I craved pink grapefruit all of the time. While this craving isn't too bad, others can be unhealthy and cause you to gain unnecessary weight. How did you handle your food cravings? Did you give in or try to resist? --Bonnie, Strongmoms facilitator

• I think the most helpful thing is having healthy foods (esp. snacks) in the house.  Grapefruit is a great one as it helps me with the cravings for something sweet (love the cups that are pre-made), as a blueberries, oranges and strawberries.

-Jess

• I think sometimes you just have to give into them just to get it to go away before you go insane. That is not to say that you shouldn't practice modesty in how much of your cravings you allow yourself to indulge in. I had a VERY sepcific craving when i was pregnant with my daughter... Chewy Sweet tarts. There wasn't anything i could have that would get it to go away except Chewy Sweet tarts. I tried everything, but unfortunately the "baby" wants what the "baby" wants...

• I gave in but, like Brinny, I tried to do so in moderation! Sometimes telling yourself you can't have something just makes you want it even more!! 

• I agree..sometimes telling yourself no is worse than just giving in to the craving once and then getting it over with!