Hi I am also new to this site and discussion board

• SmileI am pregnant with my first. I am told by the ultrasound tech that its a girl. I dont have a feeling either way i have 7 weeks and 4 days left til dd. I am scared of the labor and want to try natural child birth. Any suggestions on how to get thru it. I am here for any advise i can get as far as labor and breastfeeding ect any and all imput will be greatful. Thanks and i hope to hear from you guys soon! KyraStick out tongue

• Welcome Kyra and congratulations! As the father of two little girls, I am excited for the journey you are beginning. I can't profess to have much advice as to how to get through natural childbirth, but I applaud you on your determination! I'm sure some of the other wonderful mothers on this discussion board will have some great advice for you. Best of luck over the coming weeks and welcome to StrongMoms.

• Hello and welcome! Don't be nervous about the upcoming delivery. Also, don't let other moms discourage you or scare you about having a natural child birth. Every woman is different and each person has a different pain tolerance. If you aim for a natural birth and then decide that you need pain medication, that is your choice. Medications given during labor will not harm your baby and can ease your pain and anxiety. Develop a plan with your OB and decide what works best for you. I have heard that once your baby is born, a woman forgets the pain during labor! Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Learning breathing techniques can help ease pain during labor, which can be wonderful if you want a natural birth. Welcome again and congrats!
  • Welcome Farmerswife and congratulations on your pregnancy! I am also pregnant right now and about 5 weeks away from my dd. This is my 4th child, so I do have a bit of knowledge in this area!!! My best advice is to try not to let labor scare you. Women have been giving birth for thousands of years and getting through it. Luckily, you live in a day and age where there are options for you to help with the pain should you  need them.

If you are considering a natural child birth, take a lamaze class ASAP. They are usually offered at your local hospital and have some great techniques for breathing and handling the pain. Also, when you arrive at the hospital, let the nurses know that you are considering trying a natural child birth, so they don't try and persuade you to get an epidural.

Should the pain get bad, you can always opt for an epidural. I had epidurals with my 3 and they weren't bad at all. You will do a great job and Pedinurse is right...once you see your beautiful little girl, it will all be worth it. If you have any questions please let us know....this is a great community to get answers and wonderful mommy (and daddy) tested tips!

Congratulations