Pregnant and NO sex drive! Pls help

• Hello. I am 14 wks pregnant with our first child. We are so excited about becoming parents but I have no sex drive at all. I don't think about and quite frankly, I don't want it. This has become a big source of stress for me. I Love my husband dearly, I think he is very handsome and sexy and tell him that frequently. I am just not interested in sex. My husband has been dealing with this very well and has been understanding. I am just afraid that may end soon. I know that he has needs to and I want to make him happy too. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to maybe want to have sex? I just need any suggestions or help anyone can offer. Thank you so much!!

• Well, I'm 23 weeks pregnant and was in a similar situation during my first trimester. I was fearful that it would continue throughout the pregnancy, but when I started my second trimester I felt quite frisky and playful, and sometimes my partner and I will go two or three times a day. I found something on Google that might help with what you're wanting to know and I hope it will help.Smile

"Of course, just because sex is safe during pregnancy doesn't mean you'll necessarily want to have it! Many expectant mothers find that their desire for sex fluctuates during certain stages in the pregnancy. Also, many women find that sex becomes uncomfortable as their bodies get larger.

You and your partner need to keep the lines of communication open regarding your sexual relationship. Talk about other ways to satisfy your need for intimacy, such as kissing, caressing, and holding each other. You also may need to experiment with other positions for sex to find those that are the most comfortable."

• Hi

I understand completly I am going on 36 weeks and I have had no sex drive at all this entire pregnancy.  I have 3 other children and by the time I deal with them all day and the stress of being pregnant I just don't feel like it at the end of the day.  So don't feel alone.  I have found that if i press myself to do it I enjoy it.  Maybe if you try to make love to your husband even if you do not feel like it you will learn that you actually do want it you just didn't know it yet.  If you try and find that you really don't want it try other things to stay connected with your hubby.  good luck to you

stef

• I agree with the other moms on this site. Sometimes, you just don't feel like it. But like other moms, I found that my drive fluctuates with the pregnancy and the hormones. Keep open lines of communication open with your husband and reassure him that it is not him. Also, try going out on a date or doing something special with your hubby. You may find your desire returning after a fun night out with your man!

• Keep the communication lines open and talk to your spouse about your feelings.  I found that I had similar feelings as well.  THe thing that helped the most was talking to my husband.