bed rest

• Great Im 34 weeks along and last week my dr put me on bed rest...

My family keeps saying "injoy it while it lasts." But not being aloud to from my bed or from the coutch all day is really taking its toal on me. my back and hips hurt more then ever. And to top it all off i feel like a major inconvince to the members of my house hold.

I feel like somewhere along the line i messed up somewhere.......Please help me come to terms with what is going on.

~Stich's Mommie~ Pizza

• That must be awful for you....but I'm sure that the Doctor had a reason for putting you on bedrest. Just try to remember that its what is best for the baby, and it will be over before you know it. Isn't it frustrating when everyone tells you to "enjoy it while you can?" Everyone tells me that now, about sleeping in, and being able to run to the store without a newborn, etc. But you know what? I don't want to enjoy it now, I want my baby! :) Good luck with the bed rest....watch lots of TV, read some magazines, etc.

• I have an appt next Wed and I am at risk of being put on bedrest because of placenta previa.  At 20 weeks when I was told that this could happen I though oh no I dont want bedrest that would be awful, but I must say I think I have had a change of heart.  I am so tired and worn out all the time, and having body aches like I do I think I would like to be on bed rest for a little while.  I am sure it would get old but it would be so nice to have my mom here to take care of my 3yo son and my house while I stock up on some sleep!  I know it wont last once my lil miss gets here.

I agree with MuffinMommy get a good book and watch some Lifetime movies!

• I WAS ON BEDREST FOR A MONTH IN THE HOSPITAL AND ON TOP OF THAT I HAD GESTATIONAL DIABETES SO THEY WERE GIVING ME CRAPPY FOOD AND I DIDNT HAVE A COMPUTER AND THE HOSPITAL WAS 2 HOURS AWAY FROM MY HOME SO I DIDNT GET MUCH VISITORS... I STARTED GOING INTO PRETERM LABOR AT 6 MONTHS... I WAS ALREADY DILATED TO TWO CENTIMETERS.... SO I WAS ON BED REST AND DELIVERED AT 7 MONTHS PREGNANT... JUST GET LOTS OF BOOKS AND CROSSWORD PUZZLES.. WHAT KEPT MY SANITY WAS THE NEWS LOL AT LEAST I KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD. AND DONT FEEL LIKE AN INCONVENIENCE TO YOUR FAMILY THATS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR. THATS HOW I FELT WITH THE NURSES BUT DONT DO THAT TO YOURSELF CAUSE IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOU DEPRESSED AND MISERABLE. JUST THINK ABOUT YOUR BABY AND HOLDING HIM/HER. JUST KNOW THAT YOUR BABY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT THANKS TO YOU! IF IT WASNT FOR MYSELF AND THE DOCTORS MY BABY WOULDNT BE HERE WITH ME. AND ABOUT YOUR BACK AND HIPS... GET A PREGNANCY PILLOW LAY ON YOUR SIDE AND PUT IT BETWEEN YOUR LEGS AND HUG IT... KEEP SWITCHING SIDES THOUGH. YOUR SCIATIC NERVE IS MOST LIKELY BEING PRESSED ON BY THE BABY AND BY THE WAY YOUR LAYING. ANOTHER THING HAVE SOMEBODY GET YOU A TABLE PUT IT NEXT TO YOUR BED AND ASK THEM TO GET YOU YOUR MAKEUP, HAIRSTUFF AND ETC. NOWS THE TIME FOR YOU TO BECOME A PRO HAIRSTYLIST AND MAKE UP ARTIST LOL THATS ALL I DID I HAD MY CURLING IRON, MY STRAIGHTENER AND MY MAKEUP NEXT TO MY BED IN THE HOSPITAL. WELL I COULD KEEP GOING ON BUT IM PROBABLY WEARING YOU OUT LOL IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO ANYONE IM HERE FOR YOU!! GOODLUCK I KNOW YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!

• thank you!! :)  its kinda nice to have someone else out there who knows how im feeling.

~Stich's Mommie~ Pizza

• I was put on bed rest a little over a month before my son was due because I was having contractions. I didn't feel the contractions, thankfully, but I was having them. I was working full time then and it was a drastic change to go from that to basically doing nothing. I was bored and frustrated at the time but looking back on it I'm really glad I listened to my doctor because they know what's best for you and the baby and its better to have to endure bed rest for a while than to have a sick pre-mature child for some reason. And as far as the pains you are getting, I know exactly what you mean. Towards the end all my joints ached constantly. All I can say is use pillows, change positions frequently, and if you are too sore get up and move around for a minute, just make sure not to over-exert yourself. It'll be over before you know it.