Pregnant and Needing Sleep!!!

• If there was ever a time when I needed to get a good night's sleep....it was when I was pregnant. However, with my last pregnancy and with 3 children under the age of 6,  sleep was NOT what I was getting. Even with 3 pillows, I felt like all I did all night was toss and turn. By the morning, my back was achy and I had a stuffy nose. Now my sister is pregnant with her 4th child and miserable trying to get some much needed sleep. What can I tell her to do in order to get some much needed pregnancy sleep? What do you do to help sleep soundly at night while you are pregnant? Is a bad night's sleep just inevitable?

• I know how you feel! I started not being able to sleep through the night in my first trimester when I had to get up to go to the bathroom all the time. Now that has mostly passed, but I still get up in the middle of the night with weird dreams, stuffy nose, and achy back. I found that a humidifier in the room helped my breathing, since pregnancy apparently dries you out. having a glass of water by my bed also helps if I'm congested. Sometimes i use vicks vapor rub under my nose to ease congestion while sleeping. Do you find you can sleep on your back or your sides? sorry i can't offer more help than that!
  • i have a vaporizer in by my bedroom, with just water in it no medication. I have a glass of water or Koolaid, which ever i was drinking that day,  on the side table. I also use a small pillow just big enough to slip a corner of it under my  back , with my tummy resting on the rest of the pillow, sometimes i simply just had to give up and try to fall asleep on my back. I also and this probably sounds crazy stay up later so that i'm more sleepy when i go to bed so that i'm more likely to sleep soundly when i do go to bed. Also try and not think about anything when going to sleep, almost just shut off your mind i knwo it's hard to do but if your thinking about what you need to get done the next day or whats going on that week it's going to keep you awake. Still i wake up with having to go to the bathroom, try to use as few light as possible. Put a lamp with a 15watt bulb on the back of the toliet with the light going into a corner, it gives more light then a night light but still keeps it pretty dark that your senses dont completely wake up.