Embarrasing Work Issue

• Okay, I am 19 weeks along and am terribly gassy. Nothing seems to help either. My office is very small, only 12 women in a pretty enclosed office.  We all do, however, have our own offices with doors. Thanks to my gassy issues i keep my door mostly closed. This morning the clerk, who comes around once in a while to file and pick up, busted in my office unannounced, no knock or anything. She stopped halfway in the door and literally screamed "OMG!!! Did you fart?! It wreaks in here..." I am sitting at my desk stunned just staring at her. She just screamed my business all down the hall. All i hear are giggles from nearby offices. I guess about that time she realized what she had done and came on in, picked up what she needed and left. I am now petrified to leave my office. I am just hoping that everyone else will understand that gas happens..... and to knock next time.

• Wow...that is embarrassing and I know that you must be upset, but try not to dwell on it. Everyone has gas from time to time and pregnancy makes it  worse! Pregnancy brings out a lot of fun symptoms....such as urinary incontinence, diarrhea, constipation and Yes, even...gas. Take a look at your diet and make sure you are not consuming any upsetting foods such as cola..etc. Talk to your doctor and see if there is something you can do to prevent your gas...Hope this helps...and don't worry...when your baby is born, you will forget all about those "embarrassing" moments.

• I'm the same way.  Some times I can't  even hold it in.  I've never been this way before pregnancy. 

• Gas is hilarious. Don't let anyone make you uncomfortable. Laugh and say, "Oh, like you've never farted before!? Puhhh-lease."

Firstly, you should approach the clerk, express to her that you are 19 weeks pregnant!!! Tell her it was insensitive to say something like that so loud, considering it's obviously and embarassing topic. Maybe ask her to keep it to herself next time.

Now, you can either keep trying to hide it.. or make a joke out of it yourself and approach the other women in a light-hearted manner with the topic. Make a small joke about how bloated and gassy you are because of the pregnancy. And usually everyone will understand, especially if they have had children of their own, and will probably joke back and tell an embarassing little quip about their gassy adventures during their own pregnancy. And don't hide it when you fart, just giggle and say, "Sorry girls, you might want to take a step back. You know I can't help it when this baby is dancing on my internal orgnans."

That's what I would do. I hope you overcome the embarassment. Good luck!! :)

Heather