EXPECTING TWINS

• My c-SECTION is scheduled for Mar 9 and expecting twin boys . I am really nervous about everything from breastfeeding to managing everything. My mom will be helping me . How should go about to establish a routine for the twins  from feeding to sleeping ?

• First of all, congratulations. Don't let the stress of having twins let you lose sight of the fact that you are going to experience double joy! I don't have twins, but I have two in diapers and different parents have different advice. Yes a strict routine is great for forming habits, but some babies simply don't want a routine, and some parents can become slaves to their routine. Even if you establish a routine for one of your babies, your other could develop totally different habits. My advice is simply to take it day by day, let your maternal instincts take over and if you happen to establish a routine, great.

• Thank you so much for the positive feedback,  it like breath of fresh air . You are right , need to enjoy and take day by day .

• I had twins (a boy and a girl) on December 18th. They are a ton of fun but also a ton of work. Everyone told me to keep them on the same feeding schedule, which worked at first when I actually had to wake them up every 3 hours (I bottle fed) to feed them. However, now they get to eat on demand and I find that it is much easier to let them make up their own schedule. I still can't feed them both at the same time by myself anyway, so it is actually easier if they eat at separate times. It is a great thing that you have your mom there to help. I also have my mom and I wouldn't be able to do it without her. Good luck!

• I just found out we are expecting twins.  As excited as we are, I have the same thoughts as you do.  But I just keep telling myself that we get double the love and excitement.  I'm just hoping that when the time comes, I will know what to do and how to handle things.  And of course, ask family for help.  My whole family has already volunteered to help with anything we need.  Count on those people to help you until you get the hang of things.  I'm sure you will do great!

• Congraulations , when are you due ? I understand how you feel and I am sure we both will be fine . I will keep you posted as how am I doing once the boys are here and what I think works and what does not . My mom will be staying with me for 1-2 months . Once again , congraulations , keep in touch.