1st time mommy to be

• Hi  my name is Heather, i am 26 years old.  i just signed up with StrongMoms, found out last week i was 9 weeks pregnant with my first child.  This was a big surprize, concidering i was on the pill.  I joined to get some helpful tips from other mommies and mommies to be. Congrats to all.

• Congratulations!  Tips - take care of yourself. you'll hear that a lot but it will really make a difference in your spirits, esp. towards the end. massage, pedicures, etc. Get some cute maternity clothes and some fun stuff too. Rely on those near you for support and I love this forum for cheering each other on. Moms rock.

• I'm a first mommy as well and just signed up. :3

I'm 19 years old, and I'm excited, nervous and scared.

• Hi.  I'm 27 and a first time single mommy to be.  I am 17 weeks along right now, but I found out when I was about 9 weeks as well.  Just like you, Heather, I had not expected or planned this one out.  So it has been a huge surprise that was really REALLY hard to wrap my head around at first.  But like others said, having a close, supportive network of family and friends really makes a difference.

Take prenatal pills, and just to ensure enough folic acid intake, eat an orange with breakfast or drink some orange juice.  Folic acid is important early on.  =)