Working mom

• Hi...I have a two month old little girl. I am going back to work when she is 10 weeks old and I am worried about how our mother/ child bond will be affected. Are there any suggestions that a mom who is working full time can give me? I am really worried about this..thanks

•  The easy answer is to just spend the time that you do have after work and on weekends with your child. I am a nurse and full time for me is 3 twelve hour shifts.  Sometimes I don't see my daughter at all on the days I work.  She's still asleep when I leave and often she's asleep when I get home.  I won't lie...it's hard.  Sometimes I feel like my husband's bonding more with her than I am.  However, on those rare occassions that she's still up when I get home, her little smile and arms reaching for me prove that we have a bond too.  It will be the same for you.   Just spend time with your child doing something you both enjoy.  Quality time is just as important as the quantity.

• The easy answer is to spend as much time as you can with your child after work and on weekends.  I'm a nurse and full time for me is 3 twelve hour shifts weekly.  Usually on the days I work, I don't see my daughter at all.  She is still sleeping when I leave and often she's already down for the night when I get home.  I won't lie...it's hard sometimes.  I can't help but feel that my husband is the one she's more bonded with.  However, on the rare occassions that she's still awake when I get home, her huge smile and little arms reaching for me prove that we have a strong bond too.  It will be the same for you; just spend time with her playing, feeding or whatever you both enjoy.  I am a huge believer that QUALITY of time is just as important as quantity. 

• Forgive me for replying.....I truly don't have any advice.....just my own worries and fears......

I'm struggling with guilt.....and working full-time.  I'm a first-time mom and my daughter just turned 10 months old.  Every day seems to bring new and exciting discoveries.  And there are many days when I just feel so sad that might only get to spend 2 hours with her....Some days are more difficult to get through than others....there are days when feel just rotten.  :-(