3D/4D Ultrasound?

• My husband and I are deciding on whether or not to have a 3D ultrasound. While we know it is not necessary we also know what an opportunity it is be able to see a 3D image of our unborn daughter! Have any of you had a 3D ultrasound? What are your thoughts? Likes? Dislikes? Experiences? Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

• I had a 3D ultrasound with my daughter and we really enjoyed it. I felt like it showed great details of her facial features. Of course it helps you image just how beautiful she will be although its not half as wonder as actually seeing her for the first time in person. We felt like she looked a lot like the ultrasound showed.  She was a little stubborn and wouldn’t let us see she was a little girl (which can happen with any ultrasound), but I plan on having another with this pregnancy.

• that is true n i never had one but i want one bc i am 7 months n about to be due May 9th n i only have 2 months left with my first baby girl Devil

• my OB only offers 4D.  all of mine are covered by my insurance so i don't have to choose.  i also get the entire ultrasound on DVD to take home and about 8 b/w pictures.  we love the apt for ultrasound.  we had 2 so far at 16 and 29wks.  we emailed the ultrasound clips to my close friend to see.  its way cool. so if your insurance covers 4D ultrasound, get them done.  it will be a cool thing to show to your baby when she's all enough to see how she developed. 

• Talk with your obgyn prior to having one done. There are some concerns that unnecessary ultrasounds may not be very good for your unborn baby. While ultrasounds offer parents a wonderful way to view their babies, they are really meant to be a diagnostic tool. If you do however, choose to have one done, make sure it is done by a qualified professional.