NEW YOUNG MOM!

• I'm 21 and found out, today actually, that I was 100 percent pregnant. I'm not very far along AT ALL. I don't go for a sonogram until May 15th. I've been with my boyfriend for three years and when we first too the HPTS we were a WRECK. We've warmed to the idea but it still doesn't feel real. It's weird to think that someone will be calling me mom, that I'll have a human being growing inside of me.WE still haven't told our parents because we're so young and both of our parents area little on the nuts side. We're also waiting until we get the sonogram and everything confirmed that the baby is okay and the pregnancy is going fine. Does anyone have any tips or advice about telling parents, being young and unmarried parents, any advice at all actually. thanks again!!!
  • my boyfriend and i are in the same boat. i was 21 when i got pregnant, now 22. we are unmarried, been together for 3 years as well. i didnt realize i was pregnant till i was 6.75 moths along.  we waited to tell our family untill we found out that the baby was healthy and everything was ok.  as for your family, mine is a little loopy as well, but handled it very well. i come from a southern baptist family, and my boyfriend comes from a hard-core christian background. and even with the beliefs in religions, everyone seems to be happy.

an old wives tale says not to say anything till your 3 months along. if something is going to happen, itll most likely happen in that first 3 months of development.

also, your going to go through A TON of emotions...i still am going through some mental issues such as "i know this is my daughter, but i just dont feel like a mom" if you have an issues like that, talk to your doctor...he can help.

feel free to email me if you wanna chat more

• Creona

my boyfriend and i are in the same boat. i was 21 when i got pregnant, now 22. we are unmarried, been together for 3 years as well. i didnt realize i was pregnant till i was 6.75 moths along.  we waited to tell our family untill we found out that the baby was healthy and everything was ok.  as for your family, mine is a little loopy as well, but handled it very well. i come from a southern baptist family, and my boyfriend comes from a hard-core christian background. and even with the beliefs in religions, everyone seems to be happy.

an old wives tale says not to say anything till your 3 months along. if something is going to happen, itll most likely happen in that first 3 months of development.

also, your going to go through A TON of emotions...i still am going through some mental issues such as "i know this is my daughter, but i just dont feel like a mom" if you have an issues like that, talk to your doctor...he can help.

feel free to email me if you wanna chat more

It's really great to hear that your family took it so well! yeah, I'm def going to wait till I hit the 3 month mark. My mother can stress me out to the point of yanking my hair out and I don't want that to affect my pregnancy. While my parents aren't religious, my boyfriends ar hard core catholics( only when it comes to their son). But, Both of our parents had kids when they were 18, so I think we're a step up. I've made a ' learning to deal with your childs unplanned pregnancy' folder for my parents already. I know its crazy early, I'm just trying to get prepared as possible lol. Thank You for all the advice Creona, It's really great to here from another young mom :)
  • yea, once i got the final "your preg" i started freaking out at first, then when i found out how far along i was i really freaked out...my mom had me when she was 21, and i felt like i was following in her footsteps. i kind of turned it into a joke before i told her i was preg. i said "ya know mom...sometimes i really hate following in your footsteps" she simply replied "yea...your preg arnt you??" here i thought she was gonna flip out on me, and she ended up being happy about it.

• Im only 19  years old and my fiance is 23 years old. We've only been together for 1.5 years so things were still kind of new to us. When we found out, I was a WRECK just like you were.. and my boyfriend, he took it a litle better. My family is also a little crazy along with his family as well. We were both so scared to tell everyone that we were going to be having a baby in August. I wasn't really close with his family and he wasn't really all that close with mine. I found out I was pregnant in November and we waited until Christmas to tell them what was going on. And let me tell you, even if your parents and his parents are totally insane.. They will still accept the fact that your pregnant and even though it might come to them as a shock at first, they will realize whats going on and that nothing is going to change now and they will love the fact that a new bee is coming into the family! Both of our parents were kind of iffy at first.. but now I am 6 months pregnant and they already spoil the baby. We found out we are having a babyboy and everytime we go to visit the family, they have bought something new for the baby! Our parents even got together.. (On their own!) and are planning a baby shower for me in June. Trust me girl, things won't seem like they are going to go well at first but in the end they are going to be just as happy and as excited as you and your boyfriend are! And they will spoil the baby when the babys finally here! Don't stress yourself out, things are going to be just fine! If you have anymore questions, feel free to email me.. I'm always up for giving advice!

my email is: delrangirl1014@aol.com

• i was 16 when i got pregnant the first time, the worst way to tell my mother (who definately flipped out shes a good mom but definately dont wanna tick her off) was "mom we need to talk" she wigged out and was like " ur pregnant! OMG! ...." i was so scared i ran to my room locked the door and talked to her with her on the other side... did i not mention my boyfriend was there and i left him sitting there with her! LOL. took her about an hour or more but she finally calmed down and thank goodness no one got hurt. I ended up saving her marriage with my stepdad, they were seperated and he was living in arizona (we live in ohio) at the time and she called and told him and he came home to help out with everything. 4 years later everything is good. Im pregnant with my 2nd and this time around was easier b/c i have lived out on my own since my son was born and i have shown my mom and my real dad that i am responsible and can do it on my own. Im in a steady relationship now for almost 2 years and we were scared to tell my boyfriends mom bc shes kinda old fashoned and thinks kids mean marriage. shes my boss at the clinic i work at so i was more scared this time around telling her than 4 years ago telling my own mother! we ended up taking her out to dinner and telling her and she ended up crying. (she has 4 kids, 2 older daughters in their 30s, my boyfriend whos gonna be 28 and another son whos 23 and only the girls have kids) so she was pretty excited that her first son is having a child. parents might over react at first, but in the end they will be happy to have a grandchild (as long as ur gonna be a good parent and not like some parents out there that are druggies or alcholics... just because of kids safety)

But good luck telling them! i agree definately wait til after the 3rd month mark as long as they dont ask before them its not good to lie if they ask. i was pregnant before this one and told my parents and everyone and here at my 12 week ultrasound the sac only measured 6 weeks and there was no baby inside so i ended up miscarrying.. which was a emotional wreck for all of us, so after we found out i was prego again after i missed my period we did the whole dinner thing again and showed her the picture of the ultrasound with the heart beat and the baby in the sac this time :]  29 weeks along and everything is going great!

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK ONCE AGAIN

• I am 18 and my fiancee is almost 32. Luckily my mom and I are like best friends. I called her as soon as I took the test and was like OMG mom I'm pregnant. She was so excited. She cant wait to be a grandma. My dad, I thought would be a little harder to tell but he already had an idea that I was "trying to get out of the military" so he figured that I was gonna get pregnant. so suprisingly he didnt freak out. He just said as long as I still go to college and get my RN he will be happy. My fiancee also has three other kids and my dad has come to love them and love being a grandpa to them so I got lucky with the telling the parents thing!

• I'm 20 years old and im now 17 weeks pregnant and I was so afraid to tell my mom that I was having a baby because I never want to feel like a dissapointment to my parents. It's just so scary.  If your mom is anything like mine then she'll know something is up so the sooner you tell her the better.  You should probably take which ever one of your parents you feel more confident talking to out for lunch and ease into the conversation.  The sooner you tell your parents the better you're going to feel because I felt so uncomfortable keeping something like that from them.  I don't know what your current situation is with your parents but because you are so young like me your going to really need all the support you can get especially those of your family and your giong to want them there the whole step of the way.  They might take time to warm up to the idea but they will eventually. 

• hi my name is Pauletta and i am also a young mom to be ... i know i may be a little late but just found out about this grate site for moms like us.... any ways  you went for your sonogram last month hope that everything went good and if you told your parents they will diffidently get over being mad no matter how you tell them cuz .......... EVERY PARENT WANTS TO BE A GRANDPARENT, no matter how much they say there mad at you there always happy deep deep deep in side Big Smile . so i how everything work out like planed and if you ever on the site again just give me a happy ring. CONGRATS Big Smile  

• I am also 21 and just found out Monday I am 6 weeks pregnant.  I have been married for a little over a year, but my parents were still shocked when they found out.  They now however have calmed down and chilled out.  Now they are super excited. But whatever you do just tell them.  They may seem frustrated and mad at first but they will truely be happy for you and will love the baby like they have never loved anything else.

• hey megan,

im 23 this is my firest pregnancy im 17 weeks along and my bf left after he found out i was prego so im going after cs. but anywho my mom and i went to the hospital the same dasy i puked from 12am till 6am . i foundout i was 3 weeks prego and i was happy my mom on the other hand she had her moments of how will it be paid for feed etc. well i went to the welfare office and i got foodstamps and medical and they help out with alot more but i only wanted those to things my doc refered me to a womens infants and childerns  aka ( wic)  and they are helping me out with classes and extra food and just different things for when the baby is born . just take of urself and ur baby and have your man help u out the less stress on u the better.

• i know how u feeling cuz i was in the same way i was 18 n my man 35 when we got 2ghter every one  sid that is nasty cuz he could be your dad but we made a pass  that we wont do nothing but one day we was hang out n stuff happied but unil we this day we are still 2ghter... we fite but not all the  time.. lucky u  have your dad my dad told if i give the baby his last name he dont wan not do with me or the baby...  ya my man  have 4 other kids and now this one.