FEELING UR BABYS FIRST MOVEMENT

• HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN UR SUPPOSE TO FEEL UR BABYS FIRST MOVE MENT? IM A FIRST TIME MOM. OH AND THANX TO EVEYONE WHO REPLYED TO MY OTHER POST IM NEW AND STILL TRYING TO GET THE HANG OF THIS WEBSITE

THANX!

• im also a first time mom and i started feeling my son first moving a little before my 5 months.

• I've read and been told by my doctors that its around 18 weeks when you first feel the fluttery sensations they call "quickening". I got my first feelings of movement at about 17 weeks though, I guess it varies from woman to woman. I'm 22 weeks and I've been feeling solid kicks from him since June 10th. I didn't even realize what was happening until about the 3rd or 4th kick! He's been going nonstop since then, its such a weird feeling. I just want to share that the best advice I've gotten as a first time mom myself, is journal your pregnancy.  Its cool to look back, even a couple weeks back and know when things happened. The first time you feel him move, the first kick, when the morning sickness stops, any cravings you've had, stuff like that. Good luck and I hope you feel your boogie move!! 

• im 21 weeks and i started feeling the baby move the 19th week

• I'm a new mom too & first felt my baby move at 17 weeks, it was just a tiny fluttering kick that actually startled me at first. It was a week later before I felt anything more & a lot of more movement at 19 weeks. :)

Good luck & congrats!

• Hi, I was between 16 and 17 weeks before I felt anything, It's cool but sometimes the movement makes me jerk because it catches me off guard. A few weeks ago I was feeling several movements way down on my genitalia and when I had a sono the doctor said she was breach so that explained all those kicks down there. I said as long as she's not trying to get out I'm okay with it. Anyway feel movement in their butt. My daughter thinks I'm crazy but I feel movement in my butt sometimes. How could something so small make all these moves and so fast?? I just love it. Best of luckSurprise

• i am now 20 wks pregnant with my first child.. a baby boy. i first felt the "flutters" when i was 18 wks 6 days. and i was 19 wks 4 days when we could feel him moving from the outside.

• I'm 16 weeks and 2 days and I swear I feel things at night. This is my first, so maybe I'm just jumping the gun. Some people have told me I may be further along than expected also. I had a sono at what I thought was 13 weeks but turns out I was only 9 weeks. I haven't had one since, but I go in next week for my gender scan. So I guess we will see then if I'm crazy or not! 

• Tootsq2010,

You may actually be feeling your lil one already. I was between 16 and 17 weeks. I've seen some moms say they've felt something as early as 14 weeks, can't say if it's gas or movements but if you are feeling little flutters than your probably feeling your baby, also if you notice it's around the same time each night, granted you aren't eating spicy foods every night causing gasSmile. I have it down when my lil one moves and if I think I haven't felt her in a while or can't recall I just give my belly a few nudges and talk to her asking what's going on. I've also noticed lately when I eat or drink she starts moving around also. Your due date can change. I had my 1st sono @ 6 wks and my dd has basically been the same since then varying maybe within a day or 2 the most so they are leaving the date the same. Ironically it's the same date my baby brother was born 21 years ago, but he died at 4 months old. When I told my mom my dd she told me that was his birthdate as if I've ever forgottenAngel. You will start to feel more movements, just pay attention.

• HI, I am also first time mother too. I feel my baby move at 20weeks. You can feel that the baby is playing with you. You feel more after 20 weeks. I mean alot of movements.

• I'm 15 weeks according to an 11 week ultrasound, and I have been feeling fluttering like butterfly wings in my lower abdomen for a week and a half and it is consistent-at least 2 or 3 times that I notice in the day but it could be more that I don't notice what it is...I have been saying I'm furthur along than 15 weeks if I am feeling this little one move already, but who knows. I also get some weird butt feeling it is nice to know I am not going crazy!- it is like being kicked right there, or a little higher up? I don't know how to explain it but it's there sometimes. I also feel like I have gas but nothing and was told this could be the baby moving? Any of you ladies get that kind of feeling?

But yeah, I heard mostly 16 to 19 weeks you'll feel the baby start moving.

• Ravensfall16,

I don't remember the exact week when the baby can hear your voice or the little mumbles but it is in the week-by-week pregnancy. I want to say 20something. Just check out the week by week. I notice after I eat or drink she really starts moving as well as when I know it's time for us to eat. Congrats.

• I am also a first time mom and felt my baby move around 5 months. I have been pregnant before (3 yrs ago) but had a miscarriage at 8 weeks.

• I am also a first time mom. I felt movement at 15 weeks. It feels like gas. I am now 23 1/2 weeks and I feel him hiccup. Hiccups are a funny feeling. It feels like muscle spasms. I'm happy for any movement it let's me know that he is alright. Plus with the hiccups it's easier for my husband to feel movement. My placenta is in front of the baby so it is hard to feel movement on the outside.

• I am only 11 weeks but I feel the "gas" movement you have spoken about. I am not a new mom but its been 8 years since my last child. I'm not sure if its gas or just the baby. When they did my ultrasound last week they said that it was big so who knows if my due date is even correct!