12 weeks pregnant and haven't gain any weight yet????

• I'm 12 weeks hitting the end of my first trimester soon and I haven't gain any weight yet. This is my third pregnancy and even though I had bad morning sickness with my other 2 pregnancies I still gained a pound or 2 by 12 weeks. I recently had an ultrasound and my doctor says everything is fine. Is there anyone else out there who is almost reaching your second trimester and haven't gain any weight yet?  

• I am 17 weeks pregnant and have only gained 1-2 lbs.  With my first pregnancy I lost 8 lbs before gaining any weight.  With this baby, I gained one, then lost 2 lbs then gained 2 back.  I keep going back and forth.  So long as your doctor isn't concerened, I wouldn't worry too much.  Some women don't gain until they get into the 2nd trimester.  Congrats and good luck!!

• i know how you feel im 23 weeks pregnant and i haven't gained i actually lost. my doctor says everything is fine from my ulrsound except for placenta previa i figured i would have gained like i did with my other 4 children but not this time. im sure if the doctor says everything is fine then he feels there is no worry he will let you know if you should worry! goods luck

• My wife is in a similar situation, but can attribute her lack of weight gain to her sickness, as she has kept little down in five months! This past OB visit, she gained 2 pounds, but through five months, she is down 15! Doesn't seem all that weird, especially if your doc says so! Congrats! It's our third also!

• I didn't gain much weight with my third either and I think it is because I was sooo busy running around after the first two. As long as the doctor isn't worried, you shouldn't be either. Just try to eat healthy and continue your prenatal care and you should be fine! Congrats on your baby.

• As long as you and the baby are healthy, do not complain about the weight gainBig Smile. I'm sure there are plenty of women who would like to switch places with you. I think by my 12th week I gained under 5 pds, can't really remember aside from the fact I was on the scale every other day. You have plenty of time to gain weight if that is your goal but I wouldn't worry too much if all else is fine. Best of luck and congrats.

• I was the same way.  I actually lost 5 lbs through my first trimester.  I am 26 wks now and have only gained the 5lbs I lost back.  Its weird to me that my belly is growing bigger and bigger everyday but I haven't seemed to gain any weight!  I wouldn't complain if you haven't gained weight! As long as baby is healthy!!  Big Smile

• I had this issue and was worried. My doctor said he does not look at the weight at all, he looks at the tests and sonograms to make sure the baby is healthy so if that is all ok, then do not worry. If you were maybe 100 lbs and your ideal was 120, they might worry.
  • Im 4 months and i lost 10lbs my first month and have only gained 1lb since.