is anyone else TERRIFIED of giving birth...

• Or is it just me? i watch shows like baby story and when i see a mom giving birth i just start to cry. Im really scared...im also a first time mom so i dont know if that has anything to do with it...

• Congrats on your pregnancy. Don't be scared about giving birth. Just realize that women go through labor every day and they are just fine. Your doctor and nurses will make sure you are as comfortable as possible during labor. Talk with your OB about your concerns so she/he can address them and ease your fears. Once you see your baby's beautiful little face, you will see that it was all worth it!
  • thank you  :) i know its going to be worth it...some days im just more scared than others. one day i think ill be perfectly fine and the next i think, im just going to die when i go into labor. its a scary thought...

• when my partner n I were just starting to get used to knowing that a baby will be joining us soon, he used to tease me about labor ad tell me in detail what happens. he told me after my first doctor visit that I should get a c-section when it's time and my reaction was "NEVER!!" and then he told me about the baby possibly being too big to push out and so a lot of women get torn if not have an episiotomy, and that scared me too, but then a teacher of mine told me about birthing centers and I checked it out an went for a tour. Although I'm not going to have my baby at a birthing center, the tour helped me get a picture of what delivery would be like and I don't really feel scared anymore.

• i was kinda scared with my little man but not as much as i thought I'd be. i went 10 weeks with him and when he finally came it was the best thing to happen to me. i had the episiotomy done and to be honest the after pain was very uncomfortable but the pain relieving spray helped tremendously! i was 18 when i had him and i just wanted you to know that coming from a young mom its not as bad as ppl make it seem to be. you can do it just be strong :) all in all when you have your little one in your arms there is no feeling but pure love.

• The advice my midwife gave me with my first is to remember.... There is pain, but it is actually good pain. It means your body is doing what it's supposed to do. We worry because when we are in pain, generally something is wrong or bad. This is one of the only times that pain is good! I kept that in my head when I was delivering without out any medication and I believe it did help to keep me calm atleast and when you're calm, you're not so tense and maybe that helps cut down on the pain. Good luck!!!

• Don't be scared.  I just had a gave birth to little boy on July 14th and I'm a FTM too.  I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't easy but it wasn't that bad.  I know it's cliche to say this but you really do forget all about it once you have them.  The labor last such a short period of time compared to all of the awesomeness that comes out of it!!!

• Don't be afraid, it's a natural process. I remember being in pain and wanting to push so bad when told not to. Once my daughter's head came out all the pain went away instantly. The rest of the body sorta just fell out so to say. I did not know I had an episiotomy until the doctor said the stitches would dissolve and I was puzzled as to what stitchesConfused. One thing I'm told would help prevent are kegal exercises and I must admit I didn't do them then and I don't do them now but it is a possibility too prevent an episiotomy. I am terribly scared of a c-section and just hope it doesn't come to that, however if deemed necessary for me and baby so be it, I'll bear it. Enjoy your pregnancy and try not to worry about the birth just all the joys afterwards.

• I definitely understand being moved to tears by watching or hearing of other labor stories. I am pretty terrified myself, it's been a source of almost constant anxiety since finding out I'm pregnant.. but I just keep telling myself that millions upon millions of women have done it, and will continue to do it. And the doctors know what they are doing, they have been there and done that a million times. It is their job to make you as comfortable as you can possibly be, administer pain medication as needed (believe me, I'm definitely getting an epidural) and ease your fears. Just keep the line of communication always open. Take a tour of the hospital/birthing center you are going to deliver at. I'm doing that soon, and I've heard that helps to ease your fears and worries, so it's not so unfamiliar when you get there. And go to birthing classes if you can, I've heard they help a lot too. Just know you have lots of support and others going through it too!

• hi im actually gonna be a new mommy too in nov. this is my first baby too. im pretty scared and nervous myself but im really excited to meet my babyboy!! all i know is that there is gonna be pain no doubt and that frightens me but at the same time its gonna be a bitter-sweet situation having this wonderful baby that was inside u for 9months to come out and finally meet him/her. thats what clams my nerves.but in the end i'll know all that pain was worth it! and its normal to have these feelings so dont worry your not alone in this theres many 1st time mommys out there just like you and me thinking the same thing!!!

• I am also due in November and I am scared. But like you said it is all worth it. One way or another he needs to come out. I am finally entering my last trimester and I am more excited about meeting him more than anything else. That also changes from time to time. I watch those baby shows and they scare me more than anything. Plenty of women do it so we all will make it. Big Smile

• well im glad im not the only one who has/had worries or has/is scared too! thanks everybody =)

• Im right there with you i watch 16 and pregnant and all of the birth giving shows and i get so afraid of the way they make it seem. I think that all we can real do is hope it not as painful as the T.V makes it seem. I asked some friends of mine that had given birth before and they said you really dont feel it cause the medicine they give you to take away the pain..So hopefull that helps a little..But i wish you the best!!Smile

• My labor with my first daughter was really easy so No don't be scared.

• I watched a show yesterday where a first time 32 year old mom planned a natural birth. She was in labor for 16 hrs at home, got to the hospital and was screaming so much she scared me. Her natural birth went out the window as her epidural couldn't come quick enough. She stayed in labor, it lasted 41 hrs before she finally delivered and then she began to hemorrhage so badly she almost had to have an emergency hysterectomy but she was so drugged and tired she didn't realize what was going on. It just goes to show as much as we plan we never know till the time comes. I do not plan on an epidural but if I'm in labor as long as she is... I will hold out as long as I can and just pray all goes well.