I can't be the only one who..

• I am going to be a new Mommy soon and wow being pregnant has really been eye opening for me.  Most things are bueno but goodness some things are embarassing.  I am so gassy.  Does anyone else have this problem and what do you to stop it?

• Gas during pregnancy is common. The most effective way to reduce gas is to eliminate foods that are most likely to cause it, such as beans, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and asparagus. Other people have trouble with onions, pears, artichokes, and sodas and fruit drinks sweetened with fructose. Sodas and fruit drinks should be avoided anyway, as they are empty calories and the carbonation in sodas can contribute to bloating. Certain starches such as pasta and potatoes, can cause gas for some people. And certain fiber-rich foods such as oat bran, beans, and many kinds of fruit cause gas because they're normally broken down in the large intestine. In addition, avoid greasy, fries foods! Hope this helps!
  • I'm definately more gassy than normal! It surprises me but its normal. It's impossible to cut out all the foods that could possibly make you gassy. My doctor told me it's just something that comes along with being pregnant and that at least I have an excuse! LOL Smile

• I have been extremely gassy and bloated also.  It's crazy since that is when I look like I have a baby bump.  I try eating little meals, not waiting until I am hungry to eat and not eating too much.  I noticed carbonated drinks make it worst, so I can't even have apple cider :-( also potatoes, certain veggies.  It's frustrating at times, since you cannot eliminate every food, but I guess if you eat just greens, protein and certain fruits they do not give as much gas.

The best thing for me has been to eat on time, or about every 3 hours, exercise, and eat small meals.  I hope this helps. 

• Pregnancy certainly does come along with all kinds of lovely side effects, doesn't it?? I just tried to remember that this was all for a good cause and it was worth it in the end. :-) I hope you are doing well!
  • If you are gassy, drink something hot or warm.  Warm milk, hot tea, hot choc, coffee, etc. But this even works when you are not pregnant.