First time mom... starting to get nervous

• So I am 17 weeks and due in June.  This is my first kiddo and it was planned.  I am very excited but starting to freak out a little.  I am so nervous, there is only 6 months until the little one is here and I feel like I am not ready.  Anyone else out there had the pre-baby jitters and have any good advice?

• Congratulations! You certainly have a lot to be excited about but I'm sure you will get ready just in time. What is it exactly that you feel anxious about?

• i am 5 months pregnant now and i got only 4 more to go i am real nervouse on the delivery and dont know what to expect so any one have advice Confused

• Congrats!! I second LaraRN - what specific things are you anxious about? That way we can help you with some specific advice. One thing to remember is that you can really start to over think everything about motherhood sometimes. I sometimes see mothers that have their kids in perfect clothes, ten different sets of classes and lessons, seem to just do it all and I start to feel worried or guilty that I'm not doing enough for my child. My husband likes to remind me that our little boy just needs love and attention. That's the biggest thing - I'm sure you are going to be a fabulous mother. Just love on your baby and he/she will thrive!! Big Smile

• I think its normal to have some jitters.. I also think it says a lot about what kind of a mother you will be, I think its good that you are a little nervous. It means you care about your baby!..let us know what your nervous about..maybe we can give some more advice!!

• Its normal, the biggest advice I can give is to relax and try not to get caught up in the "birth plan".. i did.. and of coarse things are not going to go exactly as planned..if you go in with the mentality that..things are probably not going to happen perfectly" then when things do happen that you dont really want to..it will be a lot easier to cope with.. i hope everything goes well.. good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

• Dear LaraRN,

I think I am nervous about a lot of things.  I am nervous about being a good mom, will I know what to do with the baby when it comes, how much to feed it, can we afford it, do we have the right insurance coverage... and so on.  I think it is funny because I think the only thing that I am not worried about is the birth.  I'm sure everything will work out.  This is probably just like the pre-wedding jitters that people have.  I didn't have the pre-wedding jitters though.  I have a wonderful support system complete with an amazing husband who loves me more than anything in the world, amazing parents, and amazing friends.  I know we will have all the help we need, but I still wonder about everything.  We love our doctor, he is a little crazy, but is very knowledgable. 

Thanks!

• It sounds like you're already a great mom. Besides all your resources at home, don't forget you can always post any questions here and we'll be happy to help you brainstorm solutions. Also, at the top of the page are different colored tabs with lots of information, tips and tools on all sorts of baby care and feeding topics. Maybe try to familiarize yourself with some of the things there so it's easier to use once baby arrives. And remember to be gentle with yourself - I'm sure you will do a great job!

• I am 17 weeks right now and Im due June 12th with twins. :-)) Its normal to be nervous, but god only gives us what we can handle. I am sure everything will be great. Its a lot to take in and we are all going through so many changes, but take it one step at a time.