Another new "bee" has joined!

• Hi everyone!  I am a soon-to-be first time mom, due April 14, 2011 and I am also new to the message boards.  I guess I just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself.  I am excited and of course, a little scared about labor.  I plan to go all-natural and if anyone has any tips or suggestions on this route...please, please let me know! ☺ Anyway, enough about me!  Hope to meet y'all soon and learn more new things!

*hugs*

-Bee

• Welcome to StrongMoms!! You will find a tremendous amount of support, encouragement, and advice on here! Your due date is coming up fast - do you know if it's a boy or girl? I think its pretty normal to be both excited and scared about labor. It means you get to meet your precious baby, finally, but you also are facing an unknown experience! I can't say that I have personally gone all-natural as I had an epidural after a long bout of labor but I have seen many women give birth with no drugs, so its definitely possible. :-) Have you already gone to any childbirth classes? I would just read up and find as many "tools" for coping with contractions as you can so that you can try a bunch of them out and see what works for you. Of course, having a supportive partner nearby helps tremendously. The pain of labor is difficult but, at the same time, it is a very different pain than a skinned knee because it has a tremendous reward and beautiful outcome for your hard work. Keep us posted on how you do! :-D
  • BeesBaby2B-I wanted to welcome you to the boards and congratulate you on your pregnancy-You are so close to your due date! You will find that the boards can offer you answers to your questions, shared experiences, and a lot of support. I am relatively new to the boards as well and am really enjoying getting to know everyone! Take a look under the pregnancy board and you may find some others on there who have done natural labor. You will, for sure, find lots of support around anxiety and labor! I am looking forward to getting to know you, and (soon!) your new baby as well! -Jessica
  • Congratulations! In the next few weeks you will welcome your precious new baby and this message board will be even more fun for you to use. There is some great advice on here about potty training, sleep training, breastfeeding, making your own baby food...you name it! Ask you best questions or jump in with your own advice! I am glad you are here!

• Thanks Julie and Jess for the welcome!  ☺ I do know that our baby is a girl and we have chosen to name her "Ayla."  Which means "oak tree."  I am hoping to go into labor at any time now!  I have gone to a childbirth class, my husband and mother are both going to be "coaches," and I feel as prepared as one can be walking into outer space (aka. the unknown).  I guess I am just trying to psych myself up for the event!  I will totally be checking out the pregnancy boards next, thanks for the tip Jess!  (...oh and I love, love your picture!!  Horses are so wonderful!)  I think the only thing I wish I would have gotten more experience with is breathing tactics.  I'll be keeping you posted for sure!  *waiting on Ayla*

-Bee

• Congrats and welcome to the site! There are so many questions about parenthood, and ome you would never even think about until you are in the trenches as a new parent! This site can be a great sounding board for you to help make the best choices for your baby. It's an exciting time, but not without it's speed bumps. Use this site as a great resource and access hundreds of caring parents who have confronted many of the problems you will face. Good luck and let us know when the happy bundle arrives!

• I will keep you in my thoughts as you approach the big day. I love the name that you have picked out. :) Glad you enjoyed my profile picture, I think it's so sweet! Another way to look at mommies and their babies! Keep us posted, we will be waiting to hear the details of how the delivery went as you are comfortable sharing. Take care, Jess