When to start my baby registry

• Hi my name is Seneca and I am having a dilemma with deciding to start my baby registry and what to ask for and what isnt necessary to have on my registry among many other things. So I am open to any suggestions. This will be my first child so I am pretty excited and overwhelm at the same time.Smile

• Hi Seneca my name is Delila. Congrats on your pregnancy. My suggestion to you is to start with the basics such as the crib, car seat, stroller, diaper bag, and etc. Now when it comes to bottles and pacifiers you may want to get a variety of brands and test them out. Every baby is different and very picky. I tried a few brands on my daughter and she preferred the Dr. Brown bottles and the MAM pacifiers. Another thing my husband and I did was buy a major item every month. We bought the travel system one month and the bedding set another month. Ultimately just find what works best for you and your family. Your mama and mama knows best. Good luck and I hope I helped a bit. God Bless! (A good time to start your registry may be after you find out the sex of the baby. That is what I did and that's what worked for me.)
  • can never have enough diapers!

• Hi Seneca my name is bethany I am having my first kid and my siblings have told me not to be shy on what to put on my registery because its a resource so don't be shy of what you would like for your child. You are the mom you know best. And anyone that gets you something will probably go to your registeries. Goodluck.

• It's never to early to start your registry! Are you going to find out if your baby is a boy or girl? I might wait to put some things like bedding and certain clothes, etc on the registry if you want to have more girl/boy themed stuff but many things like bottles, books, diapers, etc. can be added on there now. Don't be shy about what to put on it! People like the chance to give a new baby lots of fun things! If you go to the Baby Gear section - there are some message threads about what is good to put on registries. Check it out!

• This must be one of the funnest things about getting ready to have a baby-getting the baby stuff! I love to shop! I'd say get it started now and give people lots of time to pick out the perfect gifts. I'd say select a lot of practical stuff, and then some fun stuff to. Have fun! -Jess
  • Thank You Delila I plan to start my registry next month when I went to my 2nd appointment I was 17wks and 2 days and they were able to tell me the sex then but I want to make sure because people have been saying to me dont jinx the baby. So I will be going back to the doctor June 7th and make sure that I am for sure having a little man. thanks again for your advice and suggestions.

• Smile I know thats right and I pretty sure that since I will be having two baby showers I will have plenty of those.

• Smile Thank you Bethany I really appreciate now all I have to do is start my registry I already have people ready to start getting stuff for the baby. So I have do have some ideas of what I want for the baby. So far my mom and mommie having been purchasing most of the major stuff here and there.

• Thank you Julie. I actually found out the sex of my baby when I was like 17wks and 2 days. they say its a boy and from the ultrasound it was very clear and the nurse took numerous pics and I was able to see him but also had folks tell me to wait until I'm about 7mths before I start buying stuff for my baby. I do plan to start my registry next month this will be my 5th visit to the doctor since I'm 24wks now I go to the doctor the 7th of next month. I'm just so excited and I will be sure to check out those threads once I start my registry. Thank you again

• Smile Hey Jess you are absolutely right about that because I'm like what to get what not to get. Am I starting to late or starting to late. Is my baby going to need all this stuff and etc... I plan to start my registry next month and my 5th doctor visit on the 7th of next month. thanks alot