Summer Heat!

• Do any of you mommies-to-be find that the summer heat is effecting you?  It's been in the upper 90's the past week and I didn't do well with heat prior to becoming pregnant.  I've noticed a general aversion to eating, feeling listless, not sleeping well and being extremely short tempered and emotional plus I've got another 13 weeks to go.... am I alone on this?!

• Not a Mommy or Mommy-to-be, but my wife went through three summer pregnancies and felt the same way you did. It's your body telling you that it is not good for you to be doing to much in the summer heat. Try to relax and take care of yourself! Good luck!

• Summer heat while pregnant is the worst! You are not alone at all - it's really hard to deal with for many pregnant women. You have increased blood supply and workload on your body because you are pregnant and it's harder for your body to cool itself and adapt to the summer temperatures. Try to keep cool and at the very least, keep a water bottle around and make sure you are hydrated. I found that wearing skirts to keep cool and going for walks in the evening were ways to stay active but cool. Hang in there!

• You are not alone! I have been on edge since the heat started.  I can not seem to get comfortable.  I find myself up all night and day. For some reason air conditioners does not seem to over power the heat.  We have been staying at my moms due to the proximity to the hospital and she has ac in a few rooms. However at home, we are use to central air.  I have 2 weeks to go and I have never been more miserable. Hang in there....you have the whole summer to get through. Good luck!!!

• Not at all!!! The summer is horrible when you are pregnant! The heat just made me miserable and very short tempered. If you find you must go outside in the heat, try packing ice packs or frozen towels to put on the back of your neck and dress in tank tops!! Good luck and stay cool!

• You are not alone. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and let me tell you. I'm naked at least 12 hours out of the day. I have daughters so covering up isn't really a big deal. I mean of course my 18 year old thinks I'm gross but my 5 year old thinks it's cool. I bought one of the kiddie blow up pools and I got it in my living room and my 5 year old and I sit in it in the nude. It's our bonding time at least until my fiance gets home then we have to cover up. I try not to even go out so yes I know exactly how you feel.

• u are not alone i was pregnant part of last summer and it sucked u just have to wear light clothes and wear lose stuff and keep up on eat healthy and drinking lots of water carry a bottle of water with u were every u go and for sleeping get a fan and have it  next to ur bed it will help alot and for emotional stage just take a deep breath and say to urself its all worth it to be like this because pretty soon u will have a wonderful baby in ur arms take some time to urself too and read and relax by urself once a day it helps plus u dont have anyone to be short tempered if ur alone for a bit lol

• How are you handling this heat wave??? Are you finding some relief?

• oh man the summer heat is just too much sometimes for me as well. i have 12 more weeks to go in my pregnancy so im right there with you. I have ac and have two fans blowing on me when i sleep my husband covers up with two blankets cause he freezing but im sweating. And when he leaves for work he turns off one of my fans so i wake up like and hour later on fire. But carring a walk bottle with me everywhere with lots of ice in it seems to be helping my dr told me to try and drink some gatorade because it doesnt sweat out like water does so you stay hydorated. So you are truely not alone with this heat.

• Try some cool wash cloths on your neck and face when a fan is blowing - it helps cool down a bit, I found. Hang in there, everyone, with the heat.