Baby Dedication

• HI!! I'm getting my litte man dedicated and was looking for ideas on what bible verse to use. You guys got any ideas?

• I'm so glad that you are taking time to create a meaningful experience for you and your family.  I think this is a really personal thing, but to help you with your search you might explore:

What does this baby mean to you? To the rest of the family?

Children teach us all amazing lessons if we are able to be quiet and listen.  What do you think this baby has taught you so  far?

What are your dreams for this babys life?

What meaningful message carries you through hard times that you most want to share with this baby?

I hope that exploring this questions will give you some ideas.  Please keep us posted, I'd love to hear what you come up with.

Take care,

Jess

• Congrats! What a special memory. :-) One verse that is a good one for dedications is Jeremiah 29:11 that says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future". Another good one is Numbers 6:24-26 that says "May the Lord bless you and keep you; may the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face to you and give you peace". There are also great verses about the kingdom on of heaven belonging to children, being knit together in his mother's womb, etc. Micah 6:8 is my last suggestion...it goes "He has shown you, Oh man, what is good and what does the Lord require of you. To do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God". Good luck!

• In the wise words of Solomon: "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6 NKJV 

Or

1 Samuel 1:27-28 "For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him.  Therefore I also have lent him to the Lord; as long as he lives he shall be lent to the Lord." So they worshiped the Lord there."

Or

I used Psalm 139:13-14 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.'

Good luck and God bless you!

• I love the 1 Samuel verse. I may use this for our new baby's dedication after he is born. :-) Such a meaningful sentiment of thankfulness.