New Mom looking for a support group

• Hi,

My name is Marie. I am new to the site. I was hoping to find other moms with babies around 6 months and moms period. In my small town there is no one with a baby around the same age or even many mothers with babies. It makes it hard to get advice from people going through the same things I am. i love my mom to death and Even though my mom has great advice it would be nice to have other women going through all of this now instead of 20 years ago.

• Welcome to Strong Moms! I don't have a baby 6 months old, but I do have 4 children ages 2-8 years old and I am expecting my 5th! What type of advice were you looking for? I'd be glad to help!

• Thank you. O wow, congratulations on the fifth. How did you know when you were ready for the next one? I have been breast feeding but lately she doesn't want me. Which kind of makes me sad, i liked that connection with her and its healthy for her. I had to start supplementing. I want to keep breastfeeding and i was wondering if there was a way to get her back to breastfeeding?

• Welcome to the site! I totally understand! My little girl and I had a rough start. I had to supplement at the beginning as well as pump because she was too weak to nurse after the first three days. After a while, she got stronger and started nursing. Then for some reason she decided she wasn't going to do it, and it felt like a part of me was missing. Babies are the same way, they miss that time with you. Have you started solids with her yet? If you haven't, that could help, because she might be ready for something different and just trying to let you know? I'm not sure, though, because my girl is only 10 weeks old.

• Have you started introducing food? Sometimes when your baby starts solids, they get sort of distracted with breastfeeding. Also, just as they get older and more aware of the world they can be distracted. Just keep working on putting her to the breast. If you have a breastpump, pump for 15 minutes after feedings for a week or so to boost your supply. If you stick with it and just encourage her to keep going back to the breast, she mostly likely will. Let us know how it goes! 

• Going through the same thing.  My closest family is 4 hours away.  Living in a small town with 4 kids 5 and under advice from those who are going though it makes me feel like I am not alone. I am also new to site.   Anytime you want to talk or advice.  I may need it too.  :)