Teething

• I was just wondering what is the earliest your babies started to teeth? My little girl will be 7 weeks on Friday... she has been super fussy and druling like crazy. within the last few days she has started to chew on her fists, passsifiers, bottles, and my fingers if I let her. Last night I noticed two little white spots in the front of her lower gums. could I be correct in thinking this might verry well be teething?

• Babies don't usually teeth until a few more months but that is just an average. Some babies are certainly early and some are much later than others. At 7 weeks, a lot of babies develop a fascination with the mouth and put anything into it! They especially love chewing their hands and the drool does increase. I found that keeping a bib on all the time was helpful. :-) Good luck! 

• The age at which teething starts is on a big spectrum.  Most babies are between 4-7 months, however some babies start showing the white tips of their teeth with the symptoms you listed at birth!  Then on the other end of the spectrum some babies are over 1 year old before they get their first tooth.  So, your baby is getting teeth early, but not as early as some.  I want to provide you with a link to the American Academy of Pediatrics website patient information on teething so that you can investigate this further.  If you have any other questions or concerns please let s know!  take care,

Jess

http://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/teething-tooth-care/pages/Teething-4-to-7-Months.aspx

• Thank you so much for the replies. I don't feel like i'm going crazy now. I didn't realize that she would teeth this early, I always thought it'd be a few months before we started that stage.

• Babies just love putting things in their mouths and many of them have an intense need to suck. A pacifier should help. If she is cutting teeth this early, it is not unheard of even if it isn't common. My kids didn't teeth until very late--almost a year old!

• she is definately attached to her passifier, but it only helps some of the time. i have teethers, but unfortunately i'm in the process of changing states and am living out of a hotel room until i can find a more permanent solution. i have done some research and it appears several people have reported very early teehting so it definately happens. i'm just hoping they break through sooner rather than later.

• Brinny-

Glad the info was helpful.  Please keep us posted on how things are going for you and baby. I'm sending wishes for pain free, tear free nights.

Take care,

Jess