Hello, I am new to this site!!

• Hello everyone, I'm a mom of 4 kids now (4th huge surprise)...I am new to this site and just wanted to touch base and say hello...I live in missouri and being a working mom I don't get out to much so this will be my way of getting sound advice from other parents...

My 7month old refuses to hold her own bottle, doesn't even try to, anyone have any advice?

• Welcome to the site!!! I am experiencing the same with my 6 month old. If you show the bottle to her or sit it across the room from her she will get excited and army crawl to it as fast as she can. I have noticed that when i hold her and feed her the bottle she doesn't want to hold it. If i take my hands off of it and let it start to fall she will just cry for me to pick it up. I have also put her on the floor with it also.. if she lays down she will hold it with one hand and let it rest on her opposite arm. if it falls she will just cry for me to give it back. if she's sitting she will lean over and try to drink from it while it's sitting upright. I'm not too concerned about it because she will pick up anything else within grabbing distance and will even hold her sippy cup that has handles (doesn't understand the concept of lifting the cup to get the liquid out though). I will definitely be bringing it up whenever she has her next check up if she hasn't began holding it. I'm sure she will try in her own time.

• Welcome to Strong Moms! I am a mom of 5 and I live in Missouri too!!! One of my kids refused to hold their own bottle too and I just kept working with them. In time they learned how to do it! Don't worry...by the time he is drinking sippy cups he will learn to hold it! 

• ladypropst2-

Just wanted to welcome you to the site.  I'm so glad that you found your way here!!  It sounds like with four children you may be able to offer advice as well as get support from the other moms here.  Please let us know how and if we can support you!

Welcome to Strong moms!

Jess