Sleep

• Hi! Guys I'm new! Just wondering how often I should nap my 7 mo old. If anyone has a suggestion on a schedule. It's my third baby! My oldest just started kindergarten and the other is in pre-k. I am a stay at home mom for the first time. Any help would be great!

• Welcome! What is your current schedule with your 7 month old? Most babies are still taking roughly 2 naps a day. Often the baby will get up in the morning and go down for a later morning nap, such as 10:30 or 11:00 and then nap again by 2 or 3. Depending on the baby, however, some take a longer afternoon nap and skip the morning nap. So glad you found us on here at StrongMoms. Look forward to getting to know you! 

• HI-

You are one BUSY mamma!  I wanted to give you some resources on sleep that are online to start with.  My favorite resources on parenting issues come from the American Academy of Pediatrics Website for parent education.  There is a search bar, and I've gone ahead and pulled up the infant-toddler topics for you on this link.  Check it out for info on sleeping and naps.  If you can't find what your looking for re-post and I'll work on it a bit more for you.  http://patiented.aap.org/categoryBrowse.aspx?catID=5001

My other questions for you in regard to your question is "what worked well for your other kiddos?"  IT sounds like you have some solid mom experience, and your other kiddos aren't that much older, so I'm curious what worked well when they were your little ones age and what didn't.  Every child is an individual, but hopefully that will help you to start thinking about what has worked for you and your kids in the past and what hasn't.

Let me know if you need more help,

Jess

• Two naps is the norm for most babies who are 7 months old, but occasionally you will find a baby that sleeps for 3 hours once a day. What times are your other two children in school? Naptime depends largely on when you don't have to pick the other children up!

• Thanks for the reply! Currently I take my kids to school a 8am. Baby naps for about 20 min when we get back. Up all day until 2 pm and naps another 20 min. Just thought he should get more rest! Thanks!

• Thanks for the link! My other kids attended daycare from birth to school age. The daycare had them on schedule! I will definitely search these sites!

• Thanks! Exactly what he's doing right now

• hi everyone. my son is 3 months old and he keeps himself from sleeping Ive tried rocking him singing to him feeding him and even bathing him before bed. He just wont sleep any ideas?  thanks

• Try setting a routine for your 3 month old so he connects it with sleep time.  Something like give him a bath at the same time every night, dress him and go to the same location to feed him before bed.  If you use a chair in the nursery, go to that same chair every night.  Also, help him wind down by quietting down and not entertaining him while he feeds or burps.  If you need to rock him, try holding him face down on your arm with your hand on his stomach so he's looking at the ground instead of you.  My baby always falls asleep in that position.  Once sleep, gently turn him around to put him down.  Hope it helps!

• Anashesh-these are GREAT suggestions!  I love it how smart and what insight each and everyone brings to the group!

-Jess