Doctors not taking my concerns for my baby seriously

• Hi Ladies && Gents,

I dont know if any of you have the problem of DOCTORS not taking concerns to your babies seriously! For instance my baby has had several complications with vomiting and Ive taken him to the DR. On several occassions && all the DR does is SHOO us away, && tells me everything is fine. How can someone say he is fine without even touching him.. smh i need advice should i switch dr. offices or just talk to my dr. now about me concerns?

• Kingstonsmommy2012-

I think that if you feel in anyway that you are not being listened to you need to either get another opinion or get a new doctor.  That relationship is really important and feeling listened to is at the top of the list!  I kow it's hard to switch after you have found someone but it's very worth it!  Let us know how things are going,

Jess

• It is very important as a mother that you feel your pediatrician takes your concerns seriously. Your motherly instincts can pick up problems that doctors may not recognize right off the bat. A good doctor knows this. I'd take the opportunity to tell your doctor you feel like your concerns are not being heard. If the doctor does not change his/her behavior, I'd get some recommendations from other mommy friends on a new doctor. Good luck! 

• kingstonsmommy2012 -

It's been awhile since you posted so i wanted to check in and see how things are going and what you decided about your doctor.  Would love an update,

Jess

• I agree with the others....if you don't feel like your pediatrician is someone who you can talk to and who will listen to your concerns, then I would find a new pediatrician ASAP. It is an important relationship and one that you need to believe in! Good luck and let us know how you are doing.