I had a preemie

• I just wanted to know if anybody else has had a preemie and would like to talk about all the different emotions that brings with it. Im finding it qutie difficult at times to deal with it and other times im very angry at myself.

• Angie - while I have not had a premature baby myself, I have taken care of many premature babies in the NICU as a nurse. There are so many things going through your head and so many emotions you must be feeling. What are the most difficult parts for you? Are you angry at yourself because you feel responsible for your little one's prematurity? I hope not because babies really are born premature for so many different reasons that are really beyond your control. I hope you find you can vent here and share you feelings and get some release. Write back and hang in there. Hugs to you. 

• I had my son 10 weeks early on September 25, 2012. He wieghed 3 pounds 8 ounces. It was really tough at first  I cryed and cryed and felt like it was all my fault even though they never found out why I went into labor early. Today 11/16/2012 I am actually bringing him home from the NICU!

Don't be angry with yourself because it is not your fault that your baby was born premature. It is alot more common than you may think. If you just keep your hopes up and keep praying your baby will be home before you know it. I hope she is doing well and I will be praying for her and your family.

Please do not forget to have time for your self because even though your baby may seem helpless in the hospital she has great nurses and you need to take time to get away from time to time and do something.