Outgrowing Baby Clothes—So Sad!

• This is our last baby and he has recently started to outgrow his newborn clothes. While I am certain that we are done having children, I can’t help but feel a little sad that this chapter of my life is finally coming to an end. Is this normal? Did anyone else here feel the same way? – Bonnie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• Yes! I do feel sad when I put my little one's clothes away into the boxes in our closet. I'm not sure that this our last...we may have one more but it's still bittersweet. I plan on keeping a few of my favorite/sentimental pieces when we are finally done. They will always be my little baby boys! 

• I agree that it is normal to grieve the passing of stages in your childrens lives, Especially when you know that it's going to be the last time you're going to encounter that stage until your grandchildren are born... So sorry if that sunk it in a little further. I am sad every time hazel grows out of her clothes because i know that my little baby is slowly growing up, but i know that with it will come a new and exciting stage. Same reason it's bitter sweet to send your child off to school for the first time.

• I think i have heard similar sentiments from every parent I know!  I hate to say it but it doesn't stop there-I think starting school, first night at camp, first sleepover, graduations...there are many markers of growing up and each are often approached with happiness and sadness.

-Jess

• You guys are so right! There are always reasons to be sad leaving one phase, but excited heading into another!