Baby Loves to be Held

• My 2 month old loves to be held and I usually don’t mind holding him, but sometimes I need to put him down to get some housework done or cook dinner. How do you get your little one to like being alone? I don’t want him to cry it out yet though! – Bonnie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• That's a tough one, I had the same issue with hazel and sometimes still do, Letting her watch the baby channel helped from time to time also a play mat with a mobile might keep him preoccupied. I hate to say it, but unless you put him in a carrier and let him tag along with you he might have to cry it out.

• I've tried either putting my son in a carrier or dragging his swing into the kitchen with me when I cook, etc. I find that if I'm in view, he is more likely to be content in his swing. We have little chats and sing to each other. ;-) Good memories. 

• My best friend carried her little one around in a baby backpack while she cleaned, cooked and even in the garden!  

-Jess

• Two months old is tough... Using a swing or a baby seat is a start... the Baby Bjorn is also good because it allows you to use your hands while baby still is mobile.

• Thanks guys! I used the baby carrier and that works well. Now that is is a little older, I can also put him in the high chair with it reclined (ours does that) and he watches me cook dinner. That seems to work a bit too!

• I also had the same problem with my son.  He is now 6 months old.  Day care helped a lot. He learned to be more independent and entertain himself.  Of course, everythime we have a weekend where he gets passed around and held all day/night (like during the holidays) we have to start all over again trying to get him to play on his own.  He just really likes to be close to us.

• i love my baby bjorn to bad ziva is getting to big for it. she loved it when she was 2 mos old for shopping and just going anywhere especially on the public transit till we stopped moving or i stopped to grocery shop and was looking at an item. i always had to be moving for her to be happy in it but soon she was better about it or got too big for my back to handle carrying her in it so now she sits like a big girl in the cart.

• Ziva-I think it is wonderful that, that baby gets to go everywhere with you.  What a treat and what love there must be!  Where is your favorite travel destination with baby?

-Jess

• ZivasMommy - I'd recommend an Ergo! See if you can check one out - they are fabulous because you can wear your baby in front, on your hip, or on your back in the carrier. The weight limit goes up to almost 50 pounds I believe and it's a real lifesaver if your little one is too big for a Bjorn! It feels great on my shoulders - balanced support. :-) 

• Oh I will have to look that one up because my 5 month old is already 18lbs! He is a chunky monkey for sure!

• mainly walmart but she is awesome when it comes to traveling. she loves falling asleep on our chests and such but she is also very independent till she gets tired then its the clingy wants to be held and such.

• ill be looking it up too because my little ziva is already 19 lbs and a handful. shes went from being a chunky monkey to just being a monkey.