Camping: Am I crazy???

• I am considering going camping with my family this year. We have a 3 year old and a 7 month old – am I just asking for a miserable experience or can this be done?? Any advice for me? 

- Julie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• Oh it can totally be done! Just be sure to plan everything you need and have a backup plan in case it rains or you decide it is not the experience you wanted. Babies can sleep in the portable crib if your tent is big enough and your 3 year old will love eating smores by the fire!

• Oh Julie, I laughed out loud reading your title.  You have to understand that I don't do camping without kids!  I think it can be a good experience and from what I know many KOA camping sites are set for kids.  They have pools, and play areas as well as the other wonders of camping.  You could do that for a few days and then somewhere more remote for a few days.  Balance is good.  What do others think?

-Jess

• We may brave it! We'd be in a campground without a pool, etc. but it would just be for one night. I think my 3 year old would DIE of excitement. I'll let you know how it goes...maybe we'll try one night in the back yard for fun! 

• I'm sure it can be done, but it might not be too fun. It depends on the child. I would never do it lol. My fiance's family has a family reunion in July and we would go if I was cleared to, but since I'll be exactly a month away from my due date, I am not okay to travel that far (6 hour drive). I wouldn't want to risk it anyway. If we were able to go, we were going to stay in a motel that is in the small town near the campsite where the reunion is at.