When did your Baby Start to Crawl?

• My kids were all late crawlers and didn't crawl until they were almost a year old! When did your baby start to crawl? -- Chris, Strongmoms Facilitator

• Hazel rolled over for the first time at 3 1/2 months, crawled around 5 months, started pulling her self up at 6 months, took her first step at 7 months, and was fully walking steadily on her own at 9 months, running (like a butterfly flies) at 10 months, climbing at 12 months... I have had my hands full with this one haha

• My baby is about 9 1/2 months old and just now able to hold herself up on her hands an knees. She can scoot but not quite crawl. Trust me each day that goes by, there are more and more items I can no longer leave lying around because she travels and gets a hold of them. It's now time to baby proof the house.

• Each kiddo follows their own trajectory in regard to developmental milestones-so long as they are within a range of time it is just fine.  It sounds like both your kiddos fit right within that time range.  Great news!

-Jess

• That's the crazy part of being a parent! We are excited to see them crawl, walk, ride a bike and hit all these milestones until they crawl or walk around a corner out of sight and we freak out!

• 3 out of 5 of my children did not crawl until they were a year old! It was nuts, but it was kinda nice not having to chase after them until they were a little older!

• Both of mine became crawlers around 5 to 6 months of age. I kind of like the idea of a late crawler - I was running around like mad! 

• My son crawled a "low crawl" at 6 months and then crawled with his belly off the floor at 8 months. He didn't crawl long though, he started to cruise around the same time and preferred that. He started walking by himself the day after his birthday.

• MommyRN4 your post made me smile.  We all want out kiddos to reach those milestones, but sometimes we need to slow down and just appreciate where they are at!

-Jess