diaper issue

• hi all - i am lucky enough to have a baby who sleeps mostly throught the night. in fact what usually wakes her is a wet diaper. any suggestions for a good overnight diaper to use? she is 8 weeks old.

also, how much does your 8 week old sleep throughout the day? just curious.

thanks

• HELLO, MY DAUTHER IS 9 MOS OLD AND I CAN'T REMEMBER EXACTLY, BUT AT 8 WEEKS SHE STILL SLEPT A LOT DURING THE DAY.  I DON'T THINK ITS HER DIAPER WAKING HER UP AT NIGHT.  IF THATS THE CASE, NO BABY WOULD EVER SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT BECAUSE THEY ALL PEE AT NIGHT.  THEY CAN'T HOLD IT LIKE WE DO!!   DO YOU FEED HER WHEN SHE WAKES UP?  8 WEEKS OLD IS A LITTLE YOUNG TO BE SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT ANYWAY.  SHE PROBABLY STILL NEEDS TO  WAKE UP TO EAT.  ANYWAY, YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING A DIFFERNT DIAPER FOR NIGHTTIME UNLESS HER DIAPER IS ACTUALLY LEAKING THROUGH.  I DON'T THINK THAT IS THE ISSUE. 

• she does sleep through the night - 10pm-7am. when she rousts in the morning the diaper is soaked through - all the way to the sheet - just about every night. any good ideas for an overnight diaper?

• I think as she gets older, this will become much less of an issue. She won't notice it as much. I always liked Huggies in general as a diaper brand and found they worked well overnight.

• I had a lot of luck with just buying one size larger diaper for nighttime use. I saved them strictly for nighttime. Make sure that you secure it extra snuggly though or she will pee out the sides. Most of the "nighttime" diapers are made more for older children who are learning to potty train. Hope this helps

• Swadlers are the best!

• My son has been sleeping through the night as well since he was about 7 weeks old. Were just the lucky ones, he doesnt sleep much through the day though, maybe two 30 min. naps. We just put him a size bigger diaper through the night. We like Huggies supreme.

He is 4 months old now so it has been working for us quite well. If your baby is still leaking through just put a water-proof pad uderneath her at night, this will keep the mess contained.

• req42603,

Did you ever find a diaper that worked for your little one??? If so, let us know. I know that there are plenty of moms out there who are in the same boat!

• We have used swaddlers w both our babies. They have been good but I don't think any diaper is foolproof!

• we actually did find a solution: i am a pampers fan but my brother brought us huggies little snugglers in a size 2. our little one was still wearing size 1, but i used these overnight and they worked! so far so good. huggies work well for pee, but not the pee/poop combination.

some other suggestions that i did not try: buying generic maxi pads and putting them inside the diaper. or, putting her in a size 1 diaper and then have a size 2 diaper over that.