9 month old sleeping

• I'm not really sure how much my 91/2month old should be sleeping.  She doesn't really have a set schedule.......but yesterday woke up at 9:30am (had went to bed around 9:30-10) then took at nap from 12-3 pm, then went to bed at 8 pm and slept all night.  She woke up this morning at 7:30 (I guess since she had went to bed so early) then took at nap from about 12-2 pm this afternoon.  She just went down for another nap around 5 pm......I don't know if this much sleep is normal. 

• My kids always took great naps and slept for about 12 hours at night. On average, babies around 9 months old sleep anywhere from 12 to 15 hours in a 24 hour period. Your baby seems to be right on track. If she is a happy baby and otherwise healthy, then let her sleep. Seems like she is doing a great job regulating herself when she gets worn out. If you are still worried about her sleeping or she begins to sleep more and more, call your pediatrician and let her know. Otherwise, good job raising such a great sleeper!

• If your baby is getting that much sleep, can you tell me what you are doing? I could use the advice! Seriously, babies should sleep whenever they want to, and as long as this schedule doesn't destroy your plans, there is no need to change it. In a few months, she may not nap at all, and then you'll realize how lucky you were!

• Yup, when my little guy was 9 1/2 months old he would have similar nap patterns (2 - 3 naps per day plus sleeping all through the night - although his night-time sleeps were an hour or two shorter than your baby's).  Anyhow it seems like your baby has a pretty normal amount of sleep.  I wouldn't be worried about it, unless she is suddenly taking a lot more sleep than she used to and therefore might be sick.  But if this amount of sleep is not a sudden change for her, I think everything is just fine.  Enjoy her nap times!

• I agree with the advice given. You are very lucky to have such a great little sleeper on your hands. Taking 2-3 hour naps are just fine during the day, as long as she is sleeping throughout the night. If she starts waking up in the middle on the night, move her nap times up and shorten them, but otherwise, she sounds like she's doing great!