Triplets anyone??

• I am new to this board and I have 4 month old triplets.  i was wondering if there were any other triplet moms on the board. 

Thanks 

Bev

• Welcome! I don't have triplets, but look forward to hearing all about yours. What sex are they?

• We have 2 boys and a girl born on 10/31/08. They were born at 35 weeks and are doing great. The boys came home w/ me from the hospital and our daughter was in the NICU 12 days and came home less than a week after us. They are all doing great now and seem to be right on track for their age.
  •  I don't have triplets but I have 11 week old twin boys.  They are great and wonderful.  I also have a 21 month old girl.  my life is very busy.   

• I can imagine you are very busy.  I don't know what I would do if  our son was only 21 months.  Luckily he is four and can be a big help.  It is quite a shocker to go from 1 to 4 kids.  Have you had the babies out at all?  We have been out twice and we are pretty much swarmed by people asking questions and wanting to see the babies.  It is very stressful.  I thought it would be fun but it is NOT.  Just curious 

• hello , i am also new and i have 6 month old triplets, 2 boys and a girl born at 30 weeks.

jonnelle 

• How cool is that? I had no idea we had other parents with triplets on the board.

• Wow, triplets is really cool! What is it like with all three? Are they sort of "in-synch" with each other when it comes to things like eating, sleeping, and games or is each different?

• i don't take my babies out alot.  when i do i keep their faces covered so it keeps people away.  i also never go anywhere with all 3 kids by myself.  my husband or my mom are alway with me.  i can't wait for summer to get here and we can just take walks around the block.  vvvv

• How are they doing? My triplets were 35 weeks. The boys came home w/ me - I was in the hospital for a week and they actually wanted to let the boys go before me. But they ended up keeping them until my release. Our daughter the smallest was in the NICU for 12 days total. The boys were both 4 lbs 7 oz and our daughter was 3 lbs 7 oz. How are things going w/ them? Do you have help? Are you nursing at all? Just curious things are getting easier but it is just a ton of work more than I think you can understand unless you are in it. The laundry is never ending and bottle cleaning. I am nursing some and pumping but it is really hard to have the time to do both. I nursed my son for 18 months w/ ease but with 3 little ones it is a ton of work. I could nurse 2 when they were smaller but they are so big now it is really hard. We go next week for our 4 month check up but at the 3 month they were 14lbs, 12lbs 3 oz, and 10lbs. I can't believe how fast they have grown. You are the first set I have heard of that is also 2 boys and a girl. Of course you don't see many triplets. Do people swarm you when you go out? Do you get used to it? We have only had them out (other than the doctor) twice and both times it was people just continuously coming up and asking questions about them and wanting to look at them. Hope all is well at your house Triplets are calling Bev
  • they are doing ok, all 3 still need O2, they all have reflux 1 severe they were born 9/6/08 the boys came home 11/10 and 11/12 and she came home 11/29. she was 2 lbs 13oz "a" baby B was 3 lbs 3oz and C 3 lbs 4 oz.we just went for our 6 month check up and a  14 lbs b 15 lbs12 oz  c 16 4 oz. i just stopped nursing a week ago well pumping..just didnt have the time, the first 3 months they all got breast milk then they had to share. and no i dont think it will get any easier for a long time lol. i do have a nurse 3 days a week i get alot done when shes here. we only have had them out for dr appts they see about 5 drs right now and its like we are a traveling zoo people are brutal i cant belive how many people try to touch them ugh. are your babies getting synagis shots for rsv? mine do thats why i dont take them out. i cant wait till we can go on walks also we are in NY so it will be awhile..

j

• I glad they are doing better. We were very fortunate w/ the babies going so long. I do wish we had help even one day a week. My mom comes up some but she lives several hours away and is not able to be here all of the time. I am usually by myself w/ them and my 4 year old son. It is a ton of work and I keep telling myself it's going to get easier. We are getting RSV vaccines. We have only been out twice w/ the babies other than dr appts. I get very sick of people staring or coming up and talking to us. It is nice that people are interested but people are noisy and rude. If one more person ask me how many embryos we had implanted or some other silly invasive question I may flip out. i just want a shirt that says don't talk to me. Some people are very nice and sweet but some people are just being noisy. I am shocked at home many people try to touch them also and we actually had someone ask if they could hold them... uh NO.. Keep us updated on the babies. It is a comfort to know someone else that has triplets I haven't had much luck w/ the multiple grps locally and like to know that someone else is going through the same. Have a good night Do they sleep through the night? Our little ones are really in synch they sleep and eat on the same schedule and are not SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! Which is wonderful... B
  • I cannot imagine having people ask such personal questions. Do they just assume you had fertility treatments? What do you say when they ask you things like that?

• people really are rude the question i get all the time is " were they natural?" and i say no c-section.. thats really gets them then some push and ask if we did fertility. i think that is so classless. i dont mind if they look at the babies from afar lol but dont ask personal questions..

• Even with twins people ask if i have done ivf.  I think right now people are just curious. The question about ivf doesn't bother me as much as "why can't you get pregnant on your own."  I'm hoping the curiosity will go away soon.