OVER WEIGHT

• HI EVERYONE,I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE THAT ANSWERED MY QUESTION ON SWADDLING. SINCE I POSTED THAT QUESTION WE STOPPED SWADDLING OUR SON'S ENTIRE BODY AND WE ONLY SWADDLE HIS LEGS AND LEAVE HIS ARMS OUT. AND IT'S WORKING REALLY WELL. NOW I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. WHEN I TOOK MY SON FOR HIS 4 MONTH APP,HE WEIGHED IN AT 17LBS AND HE WAS 25 INCHES LONG WELL NOW HE'S 5 MONTHS AND I THINK HE'S ABOUT 18 OR 19 NOW. SO MY QUESTION IS COULD HE BE OVER WEIGHT? AT HIS APP I ASKED THE PED IF HE WAS OVER WEIGHT AND HE SAID NO HE'S PERFECT. BUT I HAVE A CO-WORKER THAT HAS A 7 MONTH OLD AND SHE'S 17LB,SO NOW I'M WORRIED. WHEN HE WAS BORN HE WAS THREE WEEKS EARLY AND HE WEIGHED 7LBS 11OZS AND 22 AND A HALF INCHES LONG. ANYWAY SINCE HIS 4 MONTH THE DOC SAID TO START HIM ON STAGE 1 FOOD AND HE'S TOLERATING IT REALLY WELL HOW OFTEN SHOULD WE FEED HIM THE BABY FOOD? WHEN WE FEED HIM SOMETIMES HE'LL EAT 2 SERVINGS AT ONE SITTING AND IF WE STOP WITH ONE HE WOULD JUST CRY FOR MORE. ARE WE FEEDING HIM TOO MUCH.

• He is not overweight. He is just perfect like your pedi said. Babies vary in size. My son weighed 18lbs at 3 1/2 months and that was from breastmilk only. He was huge! I thought he would be a giant, but now he is the perfect size for a four year old. My daughter grew much slower and is also right on track for her age.

How many times a day are you offering baby food?

• I think one thing to remember is all babies are different.  My daughter is 21 months old and only weighs 20 lbs.  She is not starving or to skinny. She is just a petite little thing.  She eat whatever we put in front of her. (so far)  If your dr. isn't worried then you shouldn't be worried.

• We would feed our daughter in the morning with milk or small snacks, and then give her lunch and dinner at set times to get her on a routine. Milk in her bottle for each of the meals so if she didnt want them she would still pick that up and drink it at least. Usually we just let her eat however much she wanted. When she was full she'd start playing with the food and we knew it was time to take it away (even though she got cranky about that). It's a good routine she's kept ever since and is just fine on the height/weight charts in part to it Smile.

• Every baby, like every parent, is different. They develop at their own pace, and this too goes for height and weight. As long as your pedi says he's on track, I wouldn't worry.

My youngest is 25 months and only 24 pounds. She's been in the 10th percentile for height and weight since she was born. Her cousin, who is only six weeks older, has consistently been in the 90th percentile. I think she's nearly at 30 pounds now. Both are within the guidelines of normal for height and weight according to their doctors, so neither me nor my SIL worry about their growth.

• I'd always go by what the pediatrician says as opposed to anyone else.  He'll know better than someone without a medical background.

• Boys are suppose to be bigger then girls even has infants! Look at the growth chart that is posted! There is quite a difference! Baby's that little are not overweight! It's the older kids who are given donuts and pop for breakfast!!! You can not become overweight drinking similac and eating gerber pears!!!!