4 weeks and sleep

• Hello,

I am curious if my 4 week old is sleeping well.  He sleeps about 3 to 4 hours and then feeds.  He eats between 10 and 11 and then between 2 and 3 am.  Then it is between 6 and 7.  Is this fairly normal for his age?  During the day he eats about every 3 hours.  He has been awake longer during the day.  I can't remember my daughters routine.  Although by 3 months she was sleeping through the night.  Any thoughts on this???

Thanks

• my baby boy was the same way, hes now six months old and still not consistanly sleeping all night. He will every once in awhile but never two days in a row. :) He is not getting to where he wants to play about 4 in the morning (yeah!) lol I think boys are just hungry, alot. Good luck to you

• Sounds perfect to me. Keep up the good work!

• Sounds about right to me. I wouldn't expect him to sleep though the night until he's about 8 weeks, so this schedule seems on-target. Also remember that your son's patterns may be totally different than your daughters. Even with twins, every baby is different.

• Sounds great! It is very important that newborns eat every few hours. Your pediatrician should advise you at his checkups how long he can go at night without a feeding based on his age and bodyfat stores. Right now, it sounds on track.