HELP 7 MONTH WON'T SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT

• HI ALL,MY 7 MONTH OLD SON STILL WAKES UP AT NIGHT FOR A BOTTLE. HOW SHOULD I ELIMINATE THE NIGHT FEEDING. SO HE CAN SLEEP ALL NIGHT.

• I would try putting a little less in his bottle. For example, if he takes 8oz in the middle of the night, you could do 7oz for a few days, 6oz for a few days, 5oz for a few days, until you get to zero. Most babies will decide it is no longer worth waking up for just an ounce of milk. This is the most painless way for mom and baby that I know of.

• I would also recommend assessing whether you feel he is eating enough during the day. My little one had a bottle in the middle of the night until she was 18 months old because I felt she needed it. She was never a good eater and still is very small for her age. When she started eating more during the day was when I weaned her off of that night bottle.

At 7 months, it's very possible that it's just behavioral at this point. I would go with my instincts on this one.

• Something to keep in mind too, is that, even if you wean your son off the night bottle, he still might not sleep through the night. One of the Doc's I work with absolutely hates the fact that my 7 month old will sleep through the night while his 19mo old still wakes up 2-3 times each night. They aren't for long periods and she doesn't get a bottle but it still drives him crazy that she won't sleep through the night.