Music

• We have a 9-month old daughter and we are big believers of incorporating music into her bedtime routine. We have found that it helps mask the sound of her older sisters and lets her sleep more soundly. Lately we are trying to provide a greater variety of music. Does anyone recommend a particular artist or genre of music that helps their baby sleep?

• YES! Anything that says "Nocturnes" will be soothing for night time and you won't end up with a really loud classical riff that wakes her up. I loved Chopin's Nocturnes and so did my children. There are also plenty of "Night time" Classical mix CD's that are great for babies and kids. 

• We love Enya and lullaby piano music. They are both really soothing and help our boy mask background noise when we have friends over, etc. I'm going to try Nocturnes! Great tip!

• Nocturnes is a great call... I will definitely check it out! My babies have all liked Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson and the Grateful Dead!

• We make our won mix, a little piano music (just because I think they sound beautiful) a litle violin (or fiddle :) as we call it in the south) whatever songs are at a nice and soothing level, nothing too loud. Hope this helps :)

• The Beatles Lullaby cds are great!!

• I made mix CDs for my best friends little ones when they were both under 2yo.  Amongst the hits were Kenny Logins Return to Pooh Corner, Enya, hannah montana, some classical, and I can't remember what else.  The report back from their mom was that it was a nice break from Lady GaGa.  I don't know how those babies every slept with Lady Gaga playing!  It's a good thing I intervened. :)

-Jess

• Beatles lullabies is great! We have that one as well.

• I'm going to check out the Beatles album! :-)