Teething at 3 Months?!!!

• I have a 3 month old that is fussy, chewing on her fingers and drooling. Is it possible she could be cutting teeth? I thought they were supposed to do that until 5 months. Help!!

• It's not necessarily the normal timeline but some babies can have their teeth come through earlier than usual. The 5 month mark is the average age that babies get teeth but some certainly get them sooner and some get them later. Hopefully your little baby calms down soon - hang in there!

• Thank you.  Everybody says thats what shes doing. I wish something would just poke through so I know thats what she is really doing Big Smile.

• My little guy loved it when I would take a washcloth that was kind of nubby and put some water on it and chill it in the freezer. He would gnaw on it while I held it for him to chew on it and it kind of numbed his gums. Maybe give that a try!

• i have wondered the same thing about my son because he is doing that stuff

• My three month old does the same thing. I doubt that they are getting teeth already. I think this is their exploratory stage where they discover their hands and start getting familiar with the world by putting everything in their mouth.

• I would have to agree with each one of you- Baby can get teeth as early as 2 months, but most not until 4 months plus.  Babies do explore their mouths, esp. as they learn how to use their hands for things.  They also often suck on hands when hungry or wanting to feed.  It's all very individual.

-Jess

• My baby also do the same thing, and I had observed even my neighbors here their babies also do that.

• My little guy went through the same thing at 3 months.  Our pediatrician said he was teeting, but his teeth didn't cut out until towards 5 months.  We gave him some teethers which didn't help much, but wet cloth helped.  A little baby tylenol every now and then at the recommendation of our pediatricain helped him sleep better at night.