how do get her to sleep

• My 6 month old baby stays awake most of the day. Her naps only add up to about an hour  1/2 but she still won't sleep all night. What should i do?

• get the movie happiest baby on the block and watch it, it shows you how to swaddle, and calm and to sleep for long periods of time.  if she get too tired she won't sleep.  it helped me out a ton!

• What kind of schedule are you guys on? Bedtime? Is your baby getting bottles at night?

• We used techniques from The Happiest Baby on the Block too - worked great!  Swaddling worked great for us when our daughter was younger, but by the time she got to 5 or 6 months old she was too wiggly and would get out of her swaddle.  I would recommend trying a noise machine on the white noise sound.    She is now 9 months and we still use it - she sleeps about 10 hrs a night now.

• Since your baby is 6 months old the previous posts recommending the "Happiest Baby" isn't really going to work but don't despair she will eventually start to sleep through the night.  Sounds like you need to get her on a good schedule.  Try to get into a routine of feeding her around the same time and trying to put her down for at least two naps a day and get a good bedtime routine of bath then a massage then feed her right before bed.

• Talk with the baby's doctor about adding some rice cereal or oatmeal at night an hour before bed.  The baby probably just has a fast rate of digestion.

• Well I have always had her on scedule. From the moment she woke up to moment she went down for bed was always at the same time.Everynight it's a bath then bottle then bedtime before she was really good at keeping on schedule .I mean before when she was 4 and 5 months she would sleep all night .But now for some reason she keeps waking up about 3 to 4 times a night.

• Some babies around six months of age start to have a run of separation anxiety at night.  Talk to your pediatrician first to make sure nothing else is going on like an ear infection.  My other suggestion would be to start sleep training or others even call it the cry it out method.  It doesn't have to be as bad as it sounds it actually helps baby to self soothe.  When baby wakes up crying and you know she shouldn't be hungry, don't give in and give her a bottle.  Briefly check on her to let her know she is ok and loved.  Check her diaper and make sure there is no other reason for her wails like a fever.  Gently pat her and tell her it just isn't time to wake up and you love her.  Leave the room and go back in every ten to twenty minutes if she is still crying and repeat the process.  Eventually she will realize that crying isn't getting her anywhere and she will fall asleep. Stick to it and each night the crying will become less and she will again be a happy baby that is not overtired.  Good Luck

• haha i think thst is funny. i have a 4 month old that sleeps the night but my two year old does not. all i can say is they her cry at night its fine to go in and sooth her for a min but dont get her out of her bed or feed her untill morning, or you will end up with a two year old like mine.

• yea that helped my baby