I'm adopting a baby and I have no idea what I'm doing. This is my first child...help...

• ok...so i recently decided to adopt a newborn baby girl. She is due May 16, 2012 and I'm scared to death. I don't even know where to begin when it comes to preparing for a new baby. All I know is I want to love her, protect her, and help her become a beautiful person. God willing that will happen. If anyone has any advice, please feel free to post it. I can use all the advice I can get. Thanks...

• Wow!  What exciting news!  I am so happy for you.  My best advice is to learn everything you can, read, look at the website, ask questions, quiz your friends and family and then when you get her in your hands spend time just loving being a mom.  What a journey you two have ahead!

Congrats :)  -Jess

• SLEEP NOW LOL ALL THAT YOU CAN !!  My baby boy just turned a year and hes a hand full... everything will turn out fine.  buy pampers!!! alot!!!  you can never go wrong with extra dipers lolBig Smile

• Sounds like you already have a great head start--just wanting to love her and protect her and help her is a great way to begin your life together. Until she is born, try to read up about what to expect during the first year...find a great pediatrician who you can call and ask advice when you need it and look into joining a support group for adoptive parents. Surround yourself with a great network of supportive people who will love and help you raise this little girl and you'll do great!

• How wonderful that you are adopting!  We just brought home our baby boy who was also adopted and placed into our arms when he was 2 days old...he is now 2 weeks!  It is an amazing experience, being a mom.  Many, many things will come naturally, so relax and enjoy her.  dont stress the little things like a clean house or for that matter clean clothes on yourself!   Wink  All that matters in those first few weeks is that baby is warm, fed and loved, and I have no doubt that she will be!  Best of luck to you! Smile

• Congrats!! So thrilled for you and your new daughter to be. :-) Your little girl will be quite lucky to have a mom like you who wants the best for her. The basics are all a baby really needs...food every couple of hours, clean diapers, the occasional bath, warm clothes and a safe place to sleep. Other than that, just love on her and snuggle her. Make sure you have a pediatrician picked out for her that you can call with baby care questions and you can always come on here as well! Have a few friends who agree to be your "on call" person when you are up against a wall and need help quickly to answer your baby questions!