how to manage college and baby

• I'm just got out of the hospial this Tuseday and started college online the same day. He sleep all the time. Well he will always sleep he only four days old this is my first child I'm only 19 years old.

• Shylamama-

Newborns do sleep a lot!  Make sure that he is eating every few hours though.  I'm sure you have a checkup scheduled soon with his new doctor, and if not make sure to get him scheduled.  In regard to school-you two will find your routine.  He will sleep and eat and then sleep more for the first few weeks and then will have more awake time.  It's going to take discipline on your part to study while he is sleeping, but you can do it. An education is something that no one can take away from you, and it is extremely valuable-so worth the time, effort and struggle.  Lean on us if you need support!

-Jess

• Wow - you are a busy person! Sounds like your little guy is doing some good sleeping for you in between feedings, etc. Try to squeeze in a few naps when you can to help you keep your energy going. Maybe round up some people who can give you a break now and then and let you sleep or get out for a change of pace. Most of all, just do the best you can and don't stress over every little thing being perfect. You are working hard and on a great path for you and your boy. Hugs!

• I agree with PediNurseJulie1... Studying is important if you're going to stay on top of things, but rest is also important if you're going to keep both you and baby safe and healthy. My little hazel started scooting super early... one night I was so exhausted (because my fiance was out of state and I had no help) and fell asleep while breastfeeding, long story short she fell 3 feet at 2 weeks old and I thank God every day that she wasn't hurt. After that I made sure to take at least one nap during the day. be careful the exhaustion really sneaks up on you during the second and third week. Best of luck in your studies i'm sure you'll be able to manage after you get settled into a routine.

• Congratulations on your baby, and your choice to continue your education. The most difficult part of trying to finish school while the parent of a newborn to me is going to be patience. You likely won't be able to take on full course loads unless you have plenty of help with the baby. So knock out your credits when you can and don't get discouraged if it takes a little longer to complete than you first imagined. Good luck!

• Shylamama - Are you hanging in there and doing okay? Hope so! 

• Thats sad! But thank God she was alright! I am 22 weeks today and going back to school in September. Due i November (Scary) . Am super worried about the whole thing. I believe that I can do it.

• Shylamama-Just checking in to see how you are doing, we would love an update!!

-Jess

• My son was just born June 1st , and i start college August 20 , i formula feed and breastfeed but mainly breastfeed. any tips on how to get on schedule with my 2 month old? :) 

• Well, schedules are sort of hard to get going with a 2 month old. When you get into one good pattern, they change it up on you! :-) I remember someone telling me this trick - EASY. The way you interact with your child is E-Eat time...breastfeed him A-Awake time...spend some time interacting with him a little or in a swing, etc. S-Sleep time...time for a little nap Y-You time...do the things you need to get done. When he wakes up, its Eat time all over again! Hope this helps a little. :-)