sleeping habits

• my son is going to be two months old on the 26th of this month and im worried he does not get enough sleep.  he goes to bed usually at 9 and does not awake until 2 or 3 in the morning he eats a six ounce bottrle then goes back to bed and does not awake until 7 in the morning.  then he stas up for 5-6 hours.  then he will go back to sleep for a hour.  after that he has spurts of sleep varying from 5-45 minuites.  i was just wondering if this is normal.

• I wouldnt worry to much about him not sleeping that often during the day. As long as he is sleeping for longer periods of time at night, which he seems to be, then im sure its normal. I have a 4 month old and a two and a half year old and their sleeping patterns as babies are COMPLETELY different. My son never slept throw the night until he was six months old. My daughter was sleeping through the night at 4 weeks. So all babies are different but its at night that matters the most. 

Hope this helps a little Smile

• This sounds pretty normal to me. It wouldn't be ideal (I like mine to sleep in two big chunks during the day), but it is very common.

• Sleeping patterns are different from baby to baby. It sounds like he is getting some good sleep at night and that he is napping some during the day. I wouldn't worry too much at this point. His sleeping patterns will continue to change as he grows.

• With two daughters under two years, it's been my experience that babies' sleeping habits are like fingerprints... no two are alike! Therefore it's hard to define exactly what "normal" sleeping habits are.

It sounds like your baby is getting several quality periods of sleep during the day, so i wouldn't worry at this point. Bring it up with your psediatrician at your next well visit.

• my 6 week old son sounds exactly the same. i'm sure every child is different when it comes to sleeping. i guess we should just be happy that they are sleeping at night instead of all day and keeping us up at night.