watery mouth or bubbles

• My daughter is 2 months and always has saliva on her lips or shirt or just bubbles but she doesnt blow.. what is that a sign of? She cant be teething already can she? And it doesnt bug her at all just makes her gowns all wet...

• It would be very, very early to be teething so I don't think that would have anything to do with it. My four month old daughter does the same thing, and I just think it's normal, especially because there seems to be no discomfort or frustration involved with the baby. For now, have a nice supply of bibs on hand and if it is a major concern, ask your pediatrician at your next well visit.

• Drooling is very common and very natural in the first year. It has many causes, such as the mouth preparing for handling solid foods, salivary gland reactions to the chewing or sucking action, the mouth not being large enough or the muscles strong enough to swallow all of the saliva being produced, and later on, teething. It's something every baby does.

• Join the club mom. My son has been blowing bubbles since he was also 2 months. Now he is 5 months and I can see the teeth prints in his gums. This is normal and a part of teething. The only thing i can say to you is "Buy Bibs"

• I never had a drooler, but I've known many babies who go through six shirts a day. Stock up on bibs and make a point to keep the skin on your baby's chest and in their neck dry to prevent a rash.

• same here! she got a rash on her face too..been having dirreah off and on..and i brought her to hospital on a sunday cuz it was getting out of hand..they said she was teething and to use eurcine jelly on her face....like peterolem jelly.. its hard to belive but she is... i can feel  two lil sarp points in her mouth when i rub her gums to comfort her..shes my first..my husband is away w/ the army so im with my parents they kept saying shes not im like i think soo..and she was.. the jelly is so the saliva dosent dry out her skin..i would use it deff! im glad im not the only one!Big Smile

• well, I've heard that when they have lots of bubbles in their mouth is because something is itching or bothering them. try cutting off the size tags from their cloth since they can't scratch themselfs. my baby she's 3 months now and I think that's true. you will find redish marks on her back because of the tag.

• My daughter (2 months old) is doing the same - not enough to make her shirts wet...but I notice a lot of bubbles when she's happy and I've been playing with her....My son drooled a lot more than she does at this age.  As far as I know, this is completely normal.

• Those could definitely be signs of teething. My son started the excessive drooling and bubbles, etc at two months and now at four months old he has two teeth. Every baby is different and they all have their own timeline for accomplishments whether we like it or not.  Smile 

• At around 2 months babies salvilary glands kick in, it's very normal

• I think it must be normal at this age.  My daughter is 2 1/2 months old and does the same thing.  She is constantly blowing spit bubbles when she is playing.  Plus she is sucking her thumb and has started drooling because of that.

• my grown kids have nicknamed Kenzie "Droolly Mcdrooll" i have bought so many bibs, and she gets bibs as gifts. This has been going on for months, and a few ays ago she got a tooth, and shes still droolin. on the up side there are so many cute bibs to choose from.  And yes just keep some sort of lotion on babys face,neck, and chest. rashes do happen.