INTRODUCING SOLIDS

• MY DAUGHTER IS 4 MONTHS OLD AND MY PEDIATRICIAN SAYS THAT I CAN NOW START GIVING HER CEREAL. SHE HATES THE SPOON AND JUST WANTS HER BOTTLE.  IS THEIR ANYTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR HER TO ACCEPT THE SPOON?

• If your baby refuses to take a spoon at 4 months, it means she is not ready for solids just yet. Wait until 6 months and see how she does. The majority of your baby's nutrition should come from breastmilk or formula at the moment, so if your baby won't take a spoon, don't worry. I'd give her another 2 months. All pediatrician will differ on the opinion as to when to begin solid foods. Your baby has to be ready.

• Totally agree with Pedi nurse... just because the Doc says she is ready does not mean it has to be right now. Keep trying on a semi-regular basis, and one of these days she will take the spoon.

• Yep...they are right. Just because you CAN begin solids at 4 months old, doesn't mean that she is ready to eat them. Just wait til she is 6 mnths old and try again. At this point, she is still getting all of her nutrition from formula or breastmilk.. No worries!