Daily Routine with Twins

• I am a first time mom with twin boys who are three months old.  They are just hitting that age where they are awake more of the day and wanting to be active.  I am looking for a routine - play time, sleep time, feeding time, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions on daily routines that have worked well with either twins or even a singleton? Thanks!

• Hi....I also am a first time mom of twins....boy/girl.... They are 7 months old now and crawling. Here is the schedule I have used for the past 4 months or so and it really worked for me.

7:30  Wake up, have a 6 ounce bottle and a fruit and cereal for breakfast

8:30 Play in living room in  their exersaucer so I can get household work done

9:30 we all play on the floor together....Sometime we have  a snack or some juice in a sippy cup

10:30 or 11:00  Morning  naptime  usually lasts between 1/2 hour to 1 hour

12:00 Lunchtime........a 6 pounce bottle and either a friut or vegtable or sometimes yogurt with fresh pureed fruit.Sometimes we have some juice in a sippy cup

12:30 or 1:00 Have playtime in our johnny jumpers for about a 1/2 hour or so...Just while I clean up from lunch

1:00 or 1:30  We all play together on the floor, read some books, or watch the Your Baby Can Read Video

2:00 or 2:30 Down for our afternoon nap that last for about 2 to 3 hours.

4:00 or 4:30 Dinner time.......A 6 ounce bottle and a combination dinner also a fruit for dessert if still hungry. I give them some water in a sippy cup...my rule is no juice after dinner.

5:00 Dinner done and now Daddy is home....They play with him while I make dinner and all.

6:30 Bathtime

7:00 They have their last bottle of the day usually about 8 ounces. 

Then after that it is quite time we all relax on the couch and the babies are usually asleep in their own cribs by 8 pm.

This has worked for me feeding them their bottles and their food all in one sitting. Some of the toys I couldn't use right away, but there are plenty of things to do with them for playtime. I hope this helps you.  

• I have 3 older kids too, but I also have 3 month old twins!  We try to stick to a routine of eating, playing, changing, napping.  Mine were born early and still nap for a little bit after every feeding.  For play time they lay under their gymni (play mat with things hanging down), their bouncy chairs, and I try putting them on their tummys for a little bit, but they don't like it.  I also got out our saucer and a jumper and they play in those for a little while sometimes.  I don't do all of these every time, just one or two.  Then they usually start getting tired and so I change them and swaddle them and put them in their swings to nap until their next feeding.  It is harder with your first because you don't really have a routine.  I remember how confusing it was with my first singleton.  Good luck and congratulations on your twins!

• Congratulations on your twins! I have 3 month old twins too, but also 3 older children as well, so we kind of already have a routine, but I remember how hard it was trying to find that with my first singleton. Mine were born early so they still sleep after every feeding for a little bit, but we try to stick to a pattern of eating, playing, changing, sleeping. So, I feed them, then usually they play in their bouncy chairs, on their play mat (thing with toys hanging down), their bumbos, on their bellies (they don't like this), and I recently got out our saucer and jumper for them to spend a few minutes in. We just do one or two things...then they start to act tired and I go and change them, swaddle them up, and put them in their swings to sleep until their next feeding. Sometimes their playtime is as simple as me putting on their clean clothes and chatting with them and then letting them play on my bed for a little bit. I find they are up for about an hour or so after their morning feeding, then they have two short play periods after their next feedings, then in the evening they have an entire hour or so where they are happy and awake. Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you.