3 months old chewer....

• My 3 month old son has started chewing on everything he can get to his mouth, blankets, shirts....he even chews on the nipple on his bottle. Any ideas what that is about? Isn't it too soon for him to be teething?
  • He may not be ready to cut that first tooth just yet, but little babies explore their world by putting things in their mouths. He is probably experimenting with various textures and shapes and it probably does feel pretty good to his little gums.

• I agree he is probably just exploring if some of what he is chewing worries you trying getting textured teathing rings and ones that can be put in the fridge to chill....and offer those instead.

• My baby was doing the same thing and he broke his first two bottom teeth at 4 months and 14  days old.  Anything is possible.  Just have teething rings handy, just in case. 

• My baby is only 6 weeks old yet I'm already worried about when she's gonna start teething, a majority of people told me not to worry it shouldn't start till she's about 7-8 months old. But from what I've been hearing it seems like most babies start teething before 6 months of age.... yikes. I just hope when the time comes I'd be able to handle it, because teething comes with a lot of crying.

• He's teething! How exciting! Babies who are teething chew on everything and anything and drool more often. Pop a teething ring in the freezer and give it to him to chew on. It will numb his gums and soothe the pain of the upcoming teeth.

• My 3 month old is also chewing on everything and anything!  I keep trying to offer her teething rings but she seems to prefer everything else.  She also seems to be in pain all of a sudden when eating at times.  I don't know if it's that her gums are sore or something else.  Today she was chewing on her hand and started crying, took her hand out, looked at it, put it back in her mouth, and started crying again.  If it's not teething, I don't know what it is!

• My son is about three and a half months and he chews on his clothes and his blankets and he does drool a lot, but he doesn't act like he's in pain. I think he just likes the different textures on his gums. I can't get him to grab onto toys, though. The only things he grabs onto are my fingers, his paci/paci string, and anything cloth.