6 months old and 7 teeth

• My 6 month old got her first two teeth at three months old. She is now six months old and has 7 teeth! Because there are SO many at such a young age, should I take her to a dentist earlier than 1 year old?

• The answer is yes. I'm actually studying to be a dental assistant right now and the ada recommends bringing your baby to see the dentist as soon as the first tooth pops up. The fact that your little one has 7 (holy cow! Lol) is a definite dentist trip, just to be sure everything is growing in where it should be and they can give you important info on how to care for those freshly sprouted teeth! Good luck*
  • Yes its definitely time to bring her. I am studying to be a dental assistant right now actually and learned that the ada recommends that you bring your child as soon as they get their first tooth. The fact that your little lady already has 7 (holy cow! Lol) is a definite. They just check to make sure everything is growing in where it should be with enough space. And the dentist will be able to give you information on how to take care of the growing mouthful at home! Good luck with everything*